Frame rate drop with planets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would imagine this is said a fair bit but i didnt see any on this section.

but my game goes from a average of 60-200 fps (depending on whats going on 60 is when at a starion or in a big firefight. 200 when just flying about.)

but when i land on planet or even enter the atmosphere my game drops to about 10-15 fps. when still and about 3-5 if i am moving, making planets a no go zone for me.

please try to address this issues asap.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The reason may be the fact that the planet starts loading blocks of the terrain only when you\'re at certain distance from it, and it ay be what slows down your game. When the framrate drop hits you next time, try to stop and then wait a minute or two - see if it\'ll help.

Reaction score
    Hey man, as of today I have started having these issues too. used to get 100-150 fps except for when loading something new. Since the non optional HD textures, I can drop as low as 20 which is bullshit. Perhaps the textures are your problem too?

Reaction score
    Planets are a really finicky thing. You can approach one and have its rotation pull it out of the sector you just jumped to, or worse, the damn thing can materialize right on top of you and suck your framerate into the single digits while it loads. I\'ve had two different instances where I jumped into a new sector to chase a planet and suddenly found myself inside the planet\'s atmosphere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had to relog due to some issues on a server myself and a friend play on, but when I came back I spawned in the middle of the planet and the markers for my ship were apparently in the ground too. The game just became unplayable at 1 frame per second....