Fractional Blocks and More Plex Doors

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Basically my suggestion is a simple one, add more blocks that are 1/2 and 1/4 (maybe even 1/8) the size (as slates) of the standard block for hulls, plex doors, and plex glass. What are the benefits and why bother?

The first benefit is decoration. Smaller blocks will allow for more nicely shaped ships and objects. Like if you wanted to make a shelf or such, or a more flush looking staircase just off the top of my head. These blocks would allow greebles and panels on smaller ships to look a lot better too. Really the applications are endless.

The second benefit would be saved space if you really want to cramp in interiors. I feel that as fractional blocks, they should also be lighter in mass, but of course less durable. (I saw a similar request for this also in another thread) This will allow for smaller ships to be more viable and have more room on the inside.

The third benefit would be the decreased mass making cloak and radar jammers more easily implemented into a ship. Wether this is positive or negative is pretty much up for debate. I personally think cloak should work like Star Trek where you can't fire under cloak. (Let's not bring Nemesis into this)

Additionally, I suggest different color plex doors and plex door wedges. I can't stand having all the doors look grey when the rest of the main hull is another color. These shouldn't be too hard to implement, and they can only make the game better.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you know . . . . the the-rebel-alliance texture pack? http://the-rebel-alliance.com/

They have different colors for glass, force fields (block shots) - looks interesting. I hope some parts get included into default textures.

And you can always make sprites - pictures rendered in each x/z (maybe y) center area of blocks.

Reaction score
    but i would also like to see a posibility to repaint the blocks you already placed (or how i would solve it: instead of a block per color, one block in one standart color which you can repaint all you like)

#1:
    this would reduce the amount of blocks that exists (instead of a few colored blocks & wedges you have one wedge one block and one corner which you can paint all you like)
    #2:
    you wouldnt need to roam the world because you want that single color you just cant find to finish your ship, you simply paint that damn block in whatever color you want it

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wouldn\'t mind if Schema took a page out of Space Engineer\'s book and created two types of ship cores, one for small ships with 1/4 size blocks of all sizes and the standard ship cores.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No, because they limit players to whatever size they started out with, and because people with larger ships might want small blocks for details and such.