FPS Weirdness

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello All,

Since the current (0.197.36), or even the previous update there's something strange with the fps.

I have the routine to shut my computer down when I go to bed and reboot in the morning. Now, every time I start SM for the first time the fps counter in game shows 30fps, while my settings are for 60fps and Vsync on.

In the options the setting is still 60, but that doesn't seem to be used. I did check the *.cfg files and there the entry of 60 is correct as well.

The strange thing that starting SM for a second or other time the Fps is 60 as expected, it only happens the first time on a fresh booted system.

Has anyone else seen this strange behavior recently?

Greets,

Jan

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For your FPS, it might that your PC can not handle whatever sector(s) you are in. Does it stay steady at 30, or fluctuate?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, it's steady 30fps and 60fps for that matter with no fluctuation at all. Now I think of it, it seems to have started after the upgrade of the launcher to version 1.6.

As for the PC, I can assure you it can run SM without even breaking a sweat :D

Regarding my explanation in the first post, forget that, it seems more random then that. I couldn't add a log.txt file to the first post since it was deemed too big so I thought to add it after yesterdays first startup, but it ran at 60fps, so, hey Murphy how are you. ;)

Greets,

Jan