FPS low after update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    As in the title, prior to the update being near large ships or stations FPS only dropped when entering their respective boundary boxes and so remained around 60fps.

Now looking in the direction of a large station or ship or being in build mode makes my FPS drop to 10-17, sometimes 8.

Ouch, anyone else encountering this?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    that sounds crazy,I didnt update it yet (I like to wait a few days for all bugfix updates to come out first)
    But this sounds like the update did a full reset to default configs. and graphics options.
    So if you had custom options in configs and graphics options,check them and change them back to what you had before.

Or maybe Schema enabled something by accident that causes the drop,no idea,We have to wait for devs to answer this one in that case,this is just my input heh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    that sounds crazy,I didnt update it yet (I like to wait a few days for all bugfix updates to come out first)
    But this sounds like the update did a full reset to default configs. and graphics options.
    So if you had custom options in configs and graphics options,check them and change them back to what you had before.

Or maybe Schema enabled something by accident that causes the drop,no idea,We have to wait for devs to answer this one in that case,this is just my input heh
    Checked my client side settings and aside from keyboard changes the graphic settings are the same?!!?
    Will wait out this thread , see what is reported and said.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hum... I updated and have had no noticeable difference with FPS drops. I know faction permissions and public permissions are a thing now, could the ships you have be using the older permissions block? If so try removing them and see if it improves. I doubt that's what is causing it, but I assume using anything that was changed in the update could cause issues. Another option would be to start a new world (without removing the one you have currently) and spawn in something big that doesn't have permission blocks on it. See if you still have issues.

I know that may not be the most helpful. But its all that comes to my mind.

Reaction score
    Funny, I updated and noticed a remarkable increase in FPS.
    However loading new chunks seems to have been reduced to the point where it sometimes appears to stall, and you have to "visit" those chunks to get them loaded in.
    On some occasions even chunks right in front of my character didn't load, but visiting them in build mode usually helps, if you can use build mode, that is.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453013206,1453011791][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's the sensible thing to do, and always remember having a fresh and working backup before updating...
    For me, the only changes were to keyboard.cfg (those were a pain however), but I didn't notice anything serious affecting other settings.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Edited due to my grumpy frustrated original post.

Good fps pre patch, post patch bloody terrible
    under the conditions I explained. Nothing has changed aside from updating.

It's a multiplayer server, other players on the server have the issue.

Thanks.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Do you get the same issue in SP? If not then its just your server.