FPS Around Base station issues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hi Guys,

I'm using java64, I have 16 gig of ram and a Sapphire AMD 4gig graphics card.

We have been finding huge ping spikes up to the thousands on the server which i'm not sure if is my use of rails systems on my base and turrets / ships as this never happened before.

If the server spawns in random pirates at the base then again the FPS falls to around 5- 10 and ping rockets.

Im thinking as the server ping raises to 2k+ for everyone it can't be my computer system......
    Oh also SM keeps crashing randomly.

At a loss on how to approach this, is this something others are seeing?

Thanks,

Pho

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I ran into something similar (decreased frame rate and increased ping time in the vicinity of my base) when installing rail-based doors on my station. For cosmetics I had extended the length of the rail line the entire width of the doorway, even though each door only slides halfway across. While the door appeared to stop at the midpoint when it hit the other door, the additional rails were telling it to keep going. This created ongoing micro-collisions causing increased processing and ping times.

The solution in my case was to turn the rail blocks at the doorway midpoint 90 degrees (toward a wall). This lets the door travel onto that rail block and actually stop there, since there is no further rail block in the indicated direction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hi OldSkull, I checked my base and ship.

I cant see anything that is being restricted along a rail.
    The ping sometimes is fine other times is terrible. This is just me trying to log in.

Think I will wait for the next patch, It must be the turrets in my ship as they are broadside mounted and i want them to be restricted by the doorway they sit in as they pan left or right.

Frustrating !

Thanks for your help.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Turrets are performance heavy (collision checks etc). There's a bug in release where AI forces the turret into positions where it has to do constant collision checks which causes a massive drop. That issue should have been resolved in the latest dev build so hopefully that solves it for you.