four things we need in starmade

Reaction score
    1. Control Station - This would be a Cpu that could be connected to up to 10 weapon computers and 1 cockpit, or 1 core. would be used to access turret's core, or weapons cpu's within your ship.

2. Market Block - This would allow a player to create custom shops within a radius (square or circle), you would be able to set the value or item for its value. This block would be able to be switched off. maybe even a placeable market npc.

3. Lock - This item would allow you to set a list of players names that would be able to open the (chest or Door) when you break the chest/door you get the lock back

4. This isn't an item, but when walls are under a forcefield they need to be unbreakable for those not in the faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wonder who is that \'we\'. What particular group you officially represent? Or is it royal \'we\'?

To comment and share my own opinions, starting from the end:

Ad 4. would be certainly useful.

Ad 3. may be nice too, but only if there\'s workaround (even if it\'s just breaking the door/chest). There should be an option of setting access rights for whole factions, though, not just a list of specific names.

Ad 2. I am ambivalent towards. Either they will be destroyable, making profits unsure, or even worse - impenetrable item vaults. I\'d prefer system for small scale trading a\'la MMO, using chest UI - two sets of fields, where players put items and cash, confirm that it\'s what they want to trade which blocks their field and when both fields are blocked - confirm again to end the trade (or cancel it).

Ad 1. I am against. I understand that it would allow easier access and management of weapons and turrets, maybe even AI-controlled drones but I dislike having dozens of armaments under control of single person. I\'d rather have every of those things accessible from single console or core, yes, but without linking and controlling several groups of different weapons at once. I\'d like to see, in the future, ships with actual crew handling different consoles rather than humongeous hulls hiding one random dude with everything macro\'ed.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I agree with the visitor about point 1, teamwork shoud be the only way to run a big ship, not complete automation.

Reaction score
    but thats the hole idea of number 1 is teamwork. currently 1 person controls 10 of the guns from the core (and the ship) but what about the other people? they can enter a weapon cpu but they only get to control that 1 thing with this everybody could control up to 10 weapons per control station, and have a cockpit or turret they can use to look around. also you shouldn\'t have to go outside your ship and click on the core just to get in the turret. that seems a little bit unnessary.

Reaction score
    No.1 is better fo soloing, but the core does all that stuff already and if you have more than ten systems on a single ship you may be overdueing it. Personally I would say just stick with the current turret system. In single player they get set to ai and in multiplayer you let your friends drive them.

Reaction score
    you spelled \"whole\" wrong. I think there\'s a hole in your knowledge...

Reaction score
    well help me out here how can the Control station be better?

I say 10 cuz I like to make storm missiles. but how can we make this more multiperson based?