Found a BUG in starmade..Like, arachnid!

Reaction score
    Spoiler alert!!!!!!

I was digging around in the files just now and happen to find something interesting and thought I would share. In the model folder there are some texture and mesh files that sounded interesting to me so I opened them up and here's what I found!

Now, I'm SURE someone else out there had to find this too at some point so I'm sorry if this has already been pointed out and posted about. I hope there are no hard feelings from the devs for me sharing this, If so, please accept my utmost appologies. :)

Reaction score
    They\'re called Quads (At least, I call them Quads), and they\'re fairly common knowledge. Not that EVERYBODY knows about them, but a good number do. And the devs certainly don\'t try to keep them secret.

Editorializin Up in Here: Though I do think this is the first thread pointing them out, or at least the first with the model displayed.

Reaction score
    Ah, Good to know. I like the name :)

I wasn\'t sure if there was much knowledge about them but now there\'s a face to the name :)

Is there any way to encounter them or spawn them in a singleplayer game? I\'d like to check them out a little more closely to see how they move and such IF it\'s programmed in yet.

Thanks

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Ugh... My guess is that \"Quad\" is in part of the name because it has four legs like \"quadrupeds\", and the arachnid part of the name refers to what type of creature it actually is. I personally don\'t like the term Quad, but it\'s only because when I hear the term I think of Krogan \"quads\". >_< So while I don\'t think it\'s a terrible term to be calling them, I personally think of them as bug creatures, or arachnid creatures. I would agree that it\'s fairly common knowledge at this point, but it seems a lot of confusion on details of what it does, how it will behave, and interact is still prevalent.

And as Zoda pointed out, I agree this is the first thread in the forums that I have seen of it. ^_^;;;

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    According to the latest interview with the devs creatures will be procedurally generated by using different parts. This is probally just the first of many parts that omni has been working on

Reaction score
    I believe you\'re right as far as why they\'re being dubbed \"Quads\". I think it\'s kinda fitting though. I would LOVE to know more about these creatures and ones in the future though. I think it\'s neat to add some hostile/friendly NPC creatures into the game and can\'t wait to see where this all leads!

I was really surprised that I didn\'t see any other photo\'s of it. My main reason for sharing was just to let others see it, I think it looks pretty neat as is :)