<foul language I was told to remove> DRAG AND DROP TOOLS

Reaction score
    So here's my idea. You know how everything is "Alright I need this size and.... clickclickclickclickCLICKCLICKCLICK OVER AND OVER AGAIN!"

I have a solution.

A fantastic solution.

What if you retained the X*Y*Z selector. But instead of clicking again, you could click a "point to point" option. You'd click the first point, and it would place a holographic set of blocks. Then you click a second point, and it places another holographic point. And then a holographic line of blocks the same dimension runs across point A to point B. You can then click "accept" or "deny".

You can also select "smooth top +X, -X, +Y, -Y, +Z, -Z" and that will add wedges (if you have them) to smooth out the lines.

You could also make curves with the same option, just like in paint. And circles. And goddamn triangles if you so please.

It will make EVERYTHING EASIER.

Reaction score
    Excellent idea.

It can be taken further;

Once all those shapes are built, you may realize they\'re not quite at the right place. As of yet, the only thing you can do is demolish them and build it all up again.

Let\'s add select, move, cut, copy, paste functions as well - just like in Minecraft\'s McEdit. (SMedit is almost impossible to use properly)

We really need to be able to do these things in-game.

Reaction score
    right now Smedit serves the purpose or recoloring, moving the core, and MAYBE filling an area with shields.

Frankly in such a complicated game, the building should be more fleshed out in-game. We should be able to do a number of tasks in-game without Smedit.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Mabye we should have a paint-plane (place it like a mirrow plane) where you can edit pixels... ups I meant blocks :)

If we are lucky some libraries from third-party \"L--GPL\" paint programms are compatible for StarMade-paint-plates :)

I also like to have a smooth-blocks option which automagically convert blocks to wedge/corner/penta/tetra/block if you place a block adjacent to them. Rotating is against creativity.

+ a sharpening tool which converts all wedges to leave a gap between them and blocks. + a half-with-block-replacement tool. But these are less important to me.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So like they have it in space engineers? Cause that would be very convenient. +1

Reaction score
    Supported it then, support it now. My clicking finger is the most muscular part of my body thanks to starmade.

+1