Forum faction - Cube agreement

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is an individual effort, not supported by my affiliation with other faction.

I hope we can have forum factions agree on this to promote fun, competition as well as reward for ship building skills rather than 50x50x50 build mode.

This agreement between factions involves a few things

1: We will not field any pure system cubes for sole purpose of winning. Ugly ship (what I usually build :p) is one thing, but cubes are usually fun wrecking.

2: If for whatever reason cubes are used (Eg: Borg faction), attempts will be made to the exterior so it is not a perfect cube or pure system, but rather decorated to some extent.

I can only speak for myself, but regardless of situation, winning or losing I will not resort to using a doom cube.

If you agree, just put a smilely. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    But this won't stop doom cubes being build, newbies and other people will still build doom cubes. What there needs to be is a way to stop them being built in to first place e.g. someone said this before "make so systems work best in certain shapes".
    Any why doom cubes are ineffective with turret because turrets can't fire above them and can't move up and down much.

Reaction score
    :( ccccccombo breaker. :(

@starhaiden Is right, this will not do much. It would require banning a lot of people and nearly ALL faction agreeing to do this.

Not to say it shouldn't be tried, and that this is a movement I can't get behind. Doomcubes are a problem, but how do we solve them? They're clearly a problem and will ship HP really do all that much to prevent them? We will have to see.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But this won't stop doom cubes being build, newbies and other people will still build doom cubes. What there needs to be is a way to stop them being built in to first place e.g. someone said this before "make so systems work best in certain shapes".
    Any why doom cubes are ineffective with turret because turrets can't fire above them and can't move up and down much.

Well, forum faction is by far easiest to get a group to agree not to use fun killing objects.

Look at TE, CR, Vaygr, NFD, Star fleet, etc.

They have their personal faction ships allocated to members and mentors teaching newbies how to build. Eg, TE's Chimera, CR's resolution, Vaygr's intruders, NFD's Cherokee, ans whatever star fleet uses :p

Heck, using a doom cube in some faction will get you told off or even worse, out right kicked.

Eg: LMC (dead now), TwoNiner and Zoro will gut me if I use a cube and I am sure TE shares the same attitude.[DOUBLEPOST=1414666765,1414666536][/DOUBLEPOST]
    :( ccccccombo breaker. :(

@starhaiden Is right, this will not do much. It would require banning a lot of people and nearly ALL faction agreeing to do this.

Not to say it shouldn't be tried, and that this is a movement I can't get behind. Doomcubes are a problem, but how do we solve them? They're clearly a problem and will ship HP really do all that much to prevent them? We will have to see.
    Well, the idea is for the larger faction to not use doom cubes and educating their members how to build ships rather than spam blocks. A faction with it's members both new and old is a good way to push a message accross, even if it is small on the bigger scheme of things, it shows who is willing to help improve the enjoyment of the game for others and themselves.

The overall goal is far from banning cubes, but to get factions to agree that they will make a genuine attempt not to use it to, as I said, make the servers they play on fun for all rather than build mode spam.

Reactions: CyberTao

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    With such animosity directed towards noob-cubers, i'd assume the new faction system would be relatively self regulating to rid them from the server. Faction X has taken another system with cube ships? Guess who became the most hated faction on the server...

@starhaiden You can't really impose build limits on ships to combat noob-cubes and still maintain the freedom and ease of building, besides you'd just introduce another type of min/max system to abuse.

Reactions: ToyotaSupra
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    With such animosity directed towards noob-cubers, i'd assume the new faction system would be relatively self regulating to rid them from the server. Faction X has taken another system with cube ships? Guess who became the most hated faction on the server...

@starhaiden You can't really impose build limits on ships to combat noob-cubes and still maintain the freedom and ease of building, besides you'd just introduce another type of min/max system to abuse.

Well.....

SOON (TM)

The idea here is not a gang of people off to slaughter cube makers, but simply an agreement bound by honesty and willingness to win or lose WHILE having fun rather than spamming blocks with symmetry tools.

Cubes, in my view and some others are the epitome of "Power gaming" in starmade and it is not beneficial to a pvp environment on servers. After all, PVP resulting in cube A vs cube B leads to poor press and video :p

Imagine Amarr cube slugging it out with a Star War cube. Difference will not be seen. :p

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold

I'm not trying to undermine the sentiment of the agreement, but ultimately player distaste, bounties and faction wars will regulate the problem should it arise, largely because it will arise from outside of the main factions. Like you have said, the dominant factions already refuse cube builds.

Reactions: Zeveryn

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I agree, but I'm not gonna post a smiley face because that's silly. :P

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    2: If for whatever reason cubes are used (Eg: Borg faction), attempts will be made to the exterior so it is not a perfect cube or pure system, but rather decorated to some extent.
    What would be the minimum requirement?
    I am asking because of this mining ship:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    To anyone out there using doomcubes:

I WILL find you and I WILL DESTROY YOU !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What would be the minimum requirement?
    I am asking because of this mining ship:

This is good enough.

A "Doom cube" so to speak have no exterior. It is either floating system blocks or floating cube with nothing but 1 block of hull, no emblem, no decor, absolutely nothing.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Simply put each faction should submit a member for a "Cube Hunting Detachment" this detachment should actively hunt cubes and place bounties on their creators.

As for Borg factions who are scared of getting rekt cuz of this hit up @Vakna he will provide top notch borg ships that we can all agree are exempt from these rules?