Formula X Raceway - F-zero in Starmade

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

The Formula X Raceway is done!
    This is the biggest racetrack that I've built so far, and is probably the best one too.
    The track is an impressive 2760m long, with a lot of corners and 3 ascending and descending sections.

with the new track i've also introduced a new racer called "G-Zero F12". comparing the Formula S and the G-Zero F12 would be like comparing a Ariel Atom with a Hummer H1; the G-Zero is super-light and super fast! compared to Formula S its also alot easier to control.

Formula X Raceway have all the Features as previous tracks had + a little more ;)

current features:
    -2760m track
    -controlroom
    -working signal-lights (with "3,2,1,GO!" preset)
    - starting-grid with docks linked to the 3,2,1,GO!-preset, releasing all racers automaticly
    -showroom
    -garage

any Feedback is appreciated :)

Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/formula-x-raceway.788/

(this track is built in singleplayer at 8,0,8, giving a perfect light-environment)

-Maranello
    (TheSchibbye)

Here are the two official racers atm:

The Formula X Raceway:

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    F-Zero, wasnt that a racing game on the PS2?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Nice! Looks impressive.

It'd be cool to see some logic systems / area triggers that open up shortcuts or could put opponents in lava, timed route changes etc.

Reactions: Arkudo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The racetrack is currently not available for download, because I might get this imported to a server soon and want it to be sort of exclusive for a while, but after i while im going to upload it ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hover blocks + Decent track + some others guys playing at the race + some logic system at the track =
    The track can hold races with up to 8 players. right now the track features working signal lights (3,2,1,GO!-preset) made with logic aswell as a countdown-system before the race start. Hoverblocks would be absolutely awesome!

here are some pictures of the countdown-system on one of my other tracks. its pretty much the same as on the Formula X Raceway.
    (the gif's skip some frames, so the signals looks derpy)

https://plus.google.com/photos/1059...644&sqsi=bf3ebb01-f202-46e6-ba5d-52129aa0e3b2

Reactions: Arkudo
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oh cool, might have to dig out my racer and give it a spin when it's ready.

Reaction score
    I always wanted to see someone make a race track similar to the arena someone made and livestreamed, it wouldn't be too hard either.

You should try and make one, it would be so cool.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I always wanted to see someone make a race track similar to the arena someone made and livestreamed, it wouldn't be too hard either.

You should try and make one, it would be so cool.
    I really want to make some sort of competition/event out of this track. The Thunderdome is what inspired me to make this track, and i sort of want the event to be similar (beting on racers etc.)
    The only problem is that I rarely manage to do events like this :S

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I want to make some sort of event in the future, with prizes ofcourse ;). I might need some help hosting these events though
    I really wish I could help you out, if I had a good computer I'd host it and let you take control of what happens.

I also had an idea for when mines are added but my imgur account shit out on me, so ACII powers go go go!

[] <mine pc linked to activator
    []<mine launcher block
    []<'area trigger' (currently invisible ingame) where the ships pass through.
    [] (in track) area activator linked to mine pc

If a pilot runs through the small 1 block space, he or she leaves a present for the other racer. Balanced so that it doesn't kill the ship, just maybe an EMP bomb that cuts engines for a sec. If you wanna go full wipEout then please do coz that would be awesome but difficult to do.

Reactions: Maranello