Read by Council Forcefield Lighting / general lighting

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The forcefield slab lighting update (T883) to the dim lighting of full sized forcefield blocks has removed a very useful method of discretely illuminating large areas of ship interiors. I have noticed personally that my interiors have become a lot darker and bringing them back to the original level of illumination is impossible without very obvious plex lighting.
    Before Update:

After update

The only difference is the method in which plex slabs illuminate.

I suggest possibly being able to toggle the lighting style for forcefields, or implementing some fix for the fact that it is difficult to illuminate large open rooms in big ships.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I could definitely go for an increase in overall lighting as well. If you make a room more than 3 blocks high you damned near need a solid ceiling of lights just to illuminate the floor enough to bring it up to normal levels.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I REALLY want dome lights, acts like rod lights but barely sticks out of the wall/ceiling so they can be used anywhere rod lights just look weird.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    the only reasonable thing that makes lighting possible is having it on the max raytrace steps of 256. but when designing ships, not everyone might be on that setting, meaning it will appear dim for some and reasonable for others