Force Fields

Reaction score
    Force fields would be block that are unbreakable. You need power blocks to power the force fields and if you add shield blocks it will help the force field too. For blocks you would have the force field computer and the force field projector blocks.

1. You would link the force field projector to the force field computer.

2. For the force field to project you would nee to have the blocks above or to the side of each other. An example would be if you were to place a projector block down and then on 6 blocks above it or to any ofit six sides it would work But if you place it were they werenot alined like 8 bloks to above it and 2 blocks to the side it would not work.

3. Lastly the force field can be switched on and off by clicking on the force field computer.

Reaction score
    I think force fields are a great idea but not the exact way you are suggesting because people would just stay within these limits and make their entire ship invulnerable. I think they should not be invulnerable and should be used (later on in the game when boarding is more common) as an anti boarding measure with people having to use their personal weapons to bring them down. The power per block should also scale by say 50% per block to prevent people sticking them on the outside of their ship and getting extra protection.

Reaction score
    I\'d actually love to see exterior forcefields for use as an extra bit of shielding that only covers a part of the ship. Just so long as it\'s reasonably vulnerable and not as powerful as shielding (since then there\'d be too much of a focus on exterior forcefields).

Reaction score
    There are in fact a few sound effect that are not used ingame.

Force field sounds are one of them.