Food

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First time doesn\'t matter, just like minecraft, this is an alternate universe so future, past, present not really important.

Second, water is required for carbon based lifeforms to exist, so, need to figure out a way to produce it and use it.

Third, again oxygen is required also.

Fourth, nourisment is also kind of a thing.

So, how in space do you produce all this, well, obviously through some kind of matter transformer. Do you need to kill an animal of some sort to get protein, no you can harvest proteins from grasses or trees or any living matter, water can be squeezed out of anything and of course there are ice planets, ice is of course water so factory processing of ice to create water, water is of course H2O, so once ice is processed it can be processed again to create oxygen and the byproduct is hydrogen which could then be used as a fuel for energy production.

You put it all together and you have protein based food, processed water and oxygen with hydrogen to power ships and all the other gadgets yet to come.

Reaction score
    ... we can\'t see any giant behemoth spaceships with AMCs in space around Earth doesn\'t mean there aren\'t any someplace else right now, July 2013, so that argument

who said it\'s in the future?

Erm, i dont think theres AMC\'s right now or giant behemoth spaceships.

is a bit weak at least. Just saying. And kidding, sort of.

Reaction score
    yes but with our limits of technology antimatter in large amounts can be quite....dangerous.

I heard that being dangerous is the main selling point of Anti Matter Cannons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And if they copy minecraft too much, i dont think anyone here knows anything about the court or sueing people for copyright reasons.

Yes but the game is about ships, not food.

Trollerbobman,you seem strongly exaggerated.Mojang yet there was no sky, stars etc. copyright to protect.
    And
    about food solve to developers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oxygen, food, and water would be a nice touch of realism in StarMade, adding difficulty and purpose to the game. Why visit planets/asteroids? To stock up on space-bacon and water!

For me, I\'d love it if oxygen containers and production were added into the game. You\'d have to produce oxygen onship to replenish your astronaut\'s supply, but you would have about three minutes in space with a full air tank. Containers and production could be ~explosive~, from the high pressure of oxygen, and would be another weak point to protect on your ship.

Water seems self-explanatory... Have a synthesizer produce a small amount of unpurified water and food from any living block, consuming the block in the process, or a lot of water from ice. This would make ice rather valuable, and rare. Next, you\'d put unpurified water through a purifier and make it become drinkable water plus some free protein or dirt or something. As water is \"used\" by your character, it should become unpurified water again, and you can recycle it. :)

Food would be absolutely wonderful... Have a synthesizer produce a small amount of unpurified water and food from any living block, consuming the block in the process, or a lot of food from meat/foodplants. Food would be unrecycleable, but you could grow farms of space-yaks and space-yams for all your culinary needs. Another reason to visit and settle down on a planet...

And now we have a good reason to add space-whales... It would be a badass enemy with a ton of food onboard. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    dude i thought this game was inspired from minecraft the yogscast said it so that is what i think