Fog Fleet Works

Reaction score
    Welcome all to Fog Fleet Works. I am KingofCalamity and though I'm new I rather enjoy building ships. I will add links and pictures as I complete various ships.

Currently in the dock:
    Maya-Class Heavy Destroyer "Carnival"

Planning Stages:
    Kongo-Class VC-Maya Capital Ship "Rin"
    Citadel-Class Super Weapon "Calamity"

I will walk you through a quick Class identification here outlining each class I use and their roles.
    I-Class:
    Role: Recon. High speed and Agile.
    Ships:
    10X-90X (Early Planning, No Planned Production)
    401 VC-Takao (No Planned Production)
    VC-Haruna (Hull Smoothing, May redo final Hull layer and coloring.)
    Haruna-Class/Hyuuga-Class
    Role: Defense/Support
    Ships:
    None Planned​

Takao-Class:
    Role: Balanced Jack-of-All-Trades
    Ships:
    VC-Haruna (No Planned Production)
    VC-Maya (No Planned Production)​

Maya-Class:
    Role: Heavy Assualt
    Ships:
    Carnival (In Progress)
    Carnival V-1 Exceed (Early Planning, No Planned Production)
    Kongo-Class
    Role: Super Heavy Assualt, Fleet Command Control
    Ships:
    VC-Maya "Rin" (Drawing Board, Core Placed)
    Hammerhead (Early Planning, No Planned Production)
    Citadel-Class
    Role: Heavy Shield Turreted Homeworld, Single Direction Super Weapon
    Ships:
    Calamity (Drawing Board, No Planned Production)
    V,VC: Variant and Variant Custom.

Now that we have that out of the way, the Maya-Class Carnival should be done it a little over a week barring unforeseen complications. Turrets are the only pieces that have not entered the planning stages. Their placement and number are still up in the air as the layout of the final hull is still in question.

There are at least a couple ships for each class in the early stages of planning even if they aren't even on deck for building. The VC's after the Kongo-Class VC-Maya Capital Ship are most likely going to be left on the drawing board unless something comes along that fits their unique roles. That being said, the I-class ships will most likely see the light of day before any of the larger builds.

Updates:
    1/4/15 - Citadel-Class SW "Calamity" put on hold.
    1/8/15 - Kongo-Class VC-Maya named "Rin" has had it's outer hull layout completed. Wire-frame will be going together shortly. The Carnival has hit a snag on the hull. Working out the color issues. I've found black hard to work with under my lighting settings.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    That bridge looks like it might be very good when built, I like the rear tube thing (engine?) as well. Post it when done!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Definitely a lot of potential there. I'll be interested to see the finished project. :D

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That's... A lot of power storage.

Anyway, good luck with the build.

Reaction score
    That's... A lot of power storage.

Anyway, good luck with the build.
    The two main smart missile arrays take almost 90% of that storage if fired back to back. Hence such a massive amount of of it. There is actually going to be more stacked alongside the shields to help buffer the expense of moving around and recharging the shields.

I'm going to have to add more energy regen as well. With the final design of the lower hull I found I have close to another 100,000 blocks worth of free space as well as some added space if I take out the rear docking pod. Still iffy on that though. Might just change it into crew quarters and then fill the left over space with shield/regen.

It is actually turning out much larger then originally intended. Somewhere in the order of about three times the size. That's actually why I built the weapons first. I had a feeling energy was going to be a problem even with four 11x11 helix reactors.

As it stands the Carnival is only a prototype for a much larger ship. I'm going to have to test my Helix Reactors on a larger scale and see what kind of power I can get from larger or perhaps longer chains. The real problem with the Helix reactors is that if they're hit it can cause a massive decrease in power if they were chained en-mass.

Sorry for going off in a tangent like that. It tends to happen a lot. Once I get the base hull in place or at least the support struts I'll post some more pictures.

Reaction score
    So, got a little more done. Hemmed in the front of the ship with the first layer of armor. Have a few pics. It's not much but it's a little more before I head into work. Right now It's kinda boxy but when I add the second and then decorative layers of hull it will five it a better profile. The bridge is on hold until I settle on a final design. I still have the interior to decide on as well. Now onto the pictures.

From the Front:

The free pace with the current hull:

The lower Hull on the front and sides might get redone to draw them in. Sloping them would be a pain but it'd be easy enough.

On another note: I was thinking on using Fixed Turrets on the sides to help with increasing the amount of damage to the front of the ship and providing some additional cover to the massive faces. Is it possible to affix actual turrets to the outer hull of a docked ship that still work?

Still working on the layout for the turrets on the top deck. Still deciding on how many AAs I want compared to PDs.

Reaction score
    Another update as well as some new stats. Most of the inner hull is completed. I have some touching up to do on the back above the engines, actually I have to fill the upper half of the back end in. The entire lower hull is completed and I like how it turned out.

FFS-M Type-2 Carnival a.k.a. "Maya"
    In Progress Stats:
    Mass: 53635.4 (Blocks: 536354)
    Length: 398m, Height: 78m, Width: 95m
    Power: 368011500.7/2738750 e/s
    Thrust: 11468.2 (Only Basic engines to move if away from my station. I was almost building into it.)
    Shields: 3042449/181390 s/s (Still got a lot of space to fill. Hoping to end these on the high end of 5mil.)

I feel almost bad because I got such nice curves on the back end of the ship but the entire front 9/10 ths is so boxy. I'm hoping to deal with that when I start on the second and third layers of hull. Especially with the shaping to get the Heat Seeker ports looking right.

So, more pictures:
    Far away:

Outside the nearly completed Bridge:

Engines: The cowlings are in need of their final layer and to be smoothed but only the two larger circles have the engine center in place. It's still kinda meh but I'm probably going to drag that into every part of the engine.

Lower Engines with all their nice curves:
    This image makes me feel like I could have done so much more with the inner layer.

On a side note, once this build is completed I will be starting on a long term build.
    The Citadel-Class Super Weapon "Calamity"
    The current plans call for something in the area of 2.5-4 million blocks. Still talking to a friend of mine about possibly building the core section and then adding on as the plans progress. Still deciding on what kind of super weapon it's going to be. The basic design is set but there is no hull design to speak of, or any other kind of layout other then upwards of 5000 groups of the selected super weapon. Got any suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love the purple coloring, but have you tried using crystal instead of lights?

Reaction score
    Did some math and the the Calamity is going on hold for now. While working up the the math for the lag cannon... it WILL crash any server that it's fired on, I'm looking at needing a base energy for firing it ONCE at a little under 5.5 Trillion. That's not counting the added energy for the overdrive effect that I intend to put on it. Even with the intended size of the completed ship, until I work up a stable high power modular power supply it's not possible to even contemplate building it. So for now, it's staying on the drawing board.

Reaction score
    Update on the Carnival

Started laying in the final layer of hull. Once I get it in place I'm going to drop in the turret docking points and then work on the turrets themselves. Evening out the edges of the banding is going to be hard. Think I'm just going to let the white underneath show to let a little more to brighten up the outer edges. There is some additional banding I have to do it grey and white to finish the design but for the moment it should work.

First of the black:

Rear engine cover:

Front Engine Vents:

Top Banding (Incomplete):

The top banding needs to be broken up. I'm probably going to spin them off into smaller groupings. Maybe even add some stand alone stripes.