Flying station

Reaction score
    So I've been playing on a survival server that only runs on Saturdays. In our faction we built some stuff but the craziest thing that has happened is the station we built has a duplicate of itself flying around in an orbital path. It takes roughly one hour to complete its orbital cycle.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That seems to be a bug to anything within a sector radius of a planet. Putting it in the sector completely or one sector out from the planet usually causes them to orbit the planet. Now as for the orbiting the system thing I'm not sure how that happens but it is usually a particular spot in the planet sector or one of the surrounding sectors.

Reactions: Lecic and nightrune

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    when you start a station in the planet sector it orbits.
    Even if you continue building that station over the sector-border into an adjacent.

Same as if you would continue building from a planet (station with planet gravity).

The issue is the different inertial frame station→you.

Issue could be solved by making the 4 strongest masses corners of a tetrahedral inertia frame (3D-triangle with an additional corner) with gradual changes depending on distance to these 4 points.
    If strength will diminish over distance similar to real life gravity, the strength of the gravity is the area of influence, and the strength is also the hierarchy level.
    • approaching a face between 3 in a volume of 4, diminishes the effect of the 1 furthest away-.
    • approaching a line between 2 in a face of 3 diminishes the effect of the 1 furthest away.
    • approaching 1 at the end of a line between 2 diminishes all but the 1.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    i didnt know ANYTHING could orbit the system! i know planets and asteroid fields have orbital paths on the map, but as ive always seen, they dont actually orbit. maybe they tried to incorporate things orbiting the sun early in the games development and theres still something in the server.cfg that allows for orbiting?

Reaction score
    Actually it isn't orbiting the planet. From what I could tell the station is orbiting itself.