Flying only in a Ship Core

Reaction score
    I will always expect underhanded tactics, but this a ship building game. I expect people to actually use ships. Cubes don't count.
    Incap brought up a very good point about peeps using only ship cores for movement.

I suggest that by themselves, ship core block should start overheating if you start to fly in them without blocks attached to them. Which means if you want to fly around in a cube you will need to stop get out of them and re-enter to cool them off before they explode.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Incap meant that it's boring fighting giant cubes filled with shields and guns not single cube cores ;)

Reaction score
    Incap meant that it's boring fighting giant cubes filled with shields and guns not single cube cores ;)
    Pretty ship don't win battles....they're just nice to look at.

regardless of what I interrupted, I still believe that "lone ship core block" should have flight limitmentation.

Reactions: Pannta
    Reaction score
    I don't see the issue, a core is unprotected so carries a much higher risk of death and it's associated penalty.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Jetpack could solve a problem of people flying inside a cores. Then once we would get another way to fast travel on short distances, the ability for single core to fly could be taken away. Probably it would be possible to configure, server wide, if single cores are allowed to fly.

And i think jetpacks are planned, but i'm not sure about it.

Reactions: Dark_Inquisitor

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I dont really see the problem with it exactly :u Flying a core doesn't add or take away from anything.
    Ish a small weak block with fairly Meh acceleration, mainly used for flying short distances (like from 1 side of a base to the other)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The jetpack is better for immersion. And once we have our own handheld repair beams and all that eliminates the need for cores to have thrust.

Reactions: Pannta
    Reaction score
    A jetpack like Space Engineers has would be better for not limiting us to needing a ship core to go somewhere (fairly easy to get stuck without a core early on) and could allow us to travel at max speed without the need for putting together a ship with lots of thrusters. Cores also tend to get left everywhere because they're so necessary to get around and turning around to pick one up is annoying in astronaut mode.
    Hopefully if cores do get removed for this reason, we get better control in astronaut mode in addition to more speed.