Flying in a shuttle to look for my lost ship...

Reaction score
    Hi,
    I'm new to StarMade, so I launched my first game, build a kinda nice ship and there we goooo.... Just to lose it 10 minutes later :)

I was flying towards a lava-like planet (was it really a planet?), and then it happened: The game FPS dropped to about 2-5 frames, I had to stop and read the forums here, yeah, wrong Java, 32-bit instead of 64-bit (which fits my system). Ok, too lazy to download it for the moment, so I doubled the memory to 1024 MB to get the action on.
    Re-spawned to the planet and... seems that I am stucked in the lava while looking at my nice ship 100m away...
    I couldn't move, I falsely believed that by hitting 'Suicide' the game would load at the big shop again, WITH MY SHIP, but...he he he, no ship anymore...
    I took a look at the data files, and my nice RAPIER STAR (that was my ship) seems to be still there, electronically I mean :p
    The good thing is: in the Navigation I found "Search for last entered ship", it said -5,2,2 (AFAIR)
    So I just build a rudimentary shuttle, 1 core, 2 thrusters, 2 energy cubes, no weapons. My idea was: search the place again, get your surplus of cubes in your inventory and proceed expoloring with the Rapier Star, but for the moment no go: too many pirates and me with my shuttle :D

This game is awesome, it's great that you are able to build ships and even buildings, factories (?) and such things, a life-filled procedural (?) universe and most of all: A 'Story' at the start that even I, an old space simmer, didn't even imagine: Hunting for my own ship right at the start...

Hat off to the game-makers! I figure out to spend a loooaaad of time with this one..

XenonS

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    The planet was not lava. That was just the core. You got low fps because it was loading in the actual terrain.

Also welcome to the community!

Reaction score
    /search <ship name>

Partial names accepted.
    Way to ruin the mood, dick. /JK

Glad you're enjoying the game Xenon, stick around and you'll see it only get better. Hope you find someone who loves the game as much as you.

Reaction score
    Way to ruin the mood, dick. /JK

Glad you're enjoying the game Xenon, stick around and you'll see it only get better. Hope you find someone who loves the game as much as you.
    ;)

I was just upset that he had pirates. I still can't get any of the fuckers to spawn on their own.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you should have searched last entered ship and planets move
    Interesting as it would be to see a planet slam into your space station, planets do not actually change position. They simply rotate.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    A core, a thruster and a power gen block. The acceleration should be enough to completely screw over any and all pirates that want to stop you. They'll just fire their incredibly inaccurate guns while you zip past ^_^