Fluffy's overly Gaudy Rainbow Shipyard

Reaction score
    F
    yes, the last one is basically based off the Eve Minmatar Maelstrom cept turned into a flying lightshow. Sadly its a complete piece of trash in actual combat compared to the other two haha. Sorry about the docking boxes too I cant seem to find the blueprint and the only screens I got were on a server that disappeared.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    That lighting effect is fantastic. More please!

Edit, hope you don't mind me tweeting this.

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Props to you. That is a very unique style there!

Reaction score
    Awesome ships Fluffy. We want more, we want more! I think if I saw a fleet of these coming at me I would just be mesmerized... How do you even do that?

Reaction score
    Mod or vanilla? How did you do this? Really, really damn good by the way. It's a portable rave!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I... I must... I must do this! I must learn these ancient techniques!

Reaction score
    no mod. its done with Ice. I discovered it completely by accident on Alliance Armada's old starmade server when I found myself in need of a base, but not much in the way of supplies except the remains of a consumed ice planet before my salvage ship died.

Basically just place desired colored light blocks on the ends, or behind, or against the ice, and it will lightly diffuse the light down the length of the ice like maybe 5 blocks or so? so if you take a Rammet crystal and plunk it on one end and then a mattise an plunk 'em on the other end of say a 10-15 block rod of ice, it'll get an effect like the red/purple i use a lot of. the semi transparancy makes them very pretty visual fluff, or even interior lighting. and it depensd on the posistion of the sun, if your looking towards the sun you get the beautiful colored semi transparent effects, if your looking at your ship with the sun behind you, it gives it a multi-hued opaque sorta.... stained glass effect.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    no mod. its done with Ice. I discovered it completely by accident on Alliance Armada's old starmade server when I found myself in need of a base, but not much in the way of supplies except the remains of a consumed ice planet before my salvage ship died.

Basically just place desired colored light blocks on the ends, or behind, or against the ice, and it will lightly diffuse the light down the length of the ice like maybe 5 blocks or so? so if you take a Rammet crystal and plunk it on one end and then a mattise an plunk 'em on the other end of say a 10-15 block rod of ice, it'll get an effect like the red/purple i use a lot of. the semi transparancy makes them very pretty visual fluff, or even interior lighting. and it depensd on the posistion of the sun, if your looking towards the sun you get the beautiful colored semi transparent effects, if your looking at your ship with the sun behind you, it gives it a multi-hued opaque sorta.... stained glass effect.
    I hope you don't mind if I try this... Sounds like something I might use for the Discovery (a science ship I'll be building).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My eyes... They cannot comprehend these wonderful images... To... Much... COLOR!!!!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

The light diffusion works super well with glass too. Have you tried that? With Crystal armor:

That was just a test, it looks a lot better with normal glass since there's a lot less visual glitches (and it looks more like a hologram).

It's a bit like optical fiber XD

Reaction score
    Glass works too, i dont think it diffuses along the length as much but I'llhave to check, however i dont like the very visible edges that the ice sort of hides unless you look REALLY closely. using them all together with metal grill etc can create some interesting effects

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I have to say, your trick is sooooo useful! It allows to make luminescent surfaces that don't have an ugly crystal block separation :D

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    due to the way transparency works, did you realize that you can make 1.5-way glass panes? where it's totally clear seeing through it one way and frosted-glass look the other way? might be useful :)

I used some of that on my current ship project and i'm not planning to add that to the interrogation rooms soon.

Reactions: Winterhome