Read by Council Flow of NPCS

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think this is a fantastic point. Since we seem to be headed the way of a 4x RTS it makes sense to try to define what kind of gameplay we'd want in super lategame. I would not be happy with that kind of micromanagement either. I'm think hoping for a more Risk like late game. Very little micromanagement expect for battles and moving combat assets around.
    As far as I know Starmades ultimate goal is to allow the player to play the game how they see fit. If you are the kind of player that likes a 4x game then you build up your faction, consolidator your power and wipe out the competition. If you just enjoy fights maybe you become a mercenary or a grunt for a faction at war. Perhaps you enjoy farming and micromanagement so you form a colony and trade food to other factions for whatever essentials you need.

Reaction score
    This is one of those things I'd only want to set up the first time, then let the AI handle after that. It would be great if you could 'teach' an NPC how to set up a farm, or a mining outpost, or what have you, then just have them take care of it the next time you need one.
    I would totally agree. I do like management type games but can only play them for so long. Starmade would become a very boring game if you had to grow your empire exactly like a 4x game.

I definitely think it should be a linear system that just slowly adds life to the galaxies. It could actually get crowded on even lower player count servers. I think it would be interesting to have an influence on how the settlements and faction owned areas evolve.

Last edited: