Recognized fleet station dock call command

Reaction score
    ok with fleets you can call the ships back to the last place they were docked on the flag ship.
    and I think it would be a good idea to add a home station call command to the fleet command
    box, and all that would do is call the fleet ships back to the last place they were docked on the
    space station, just like the return to flag ship one, but for space stations.

Reaction score
    Hopefully they've got more methods by which you can utilize fleets planned. This is an absolutely genius one, by the way. The only way to do this right now is to dock a drone hangar to a station and tell the hangar that it's a flagship. Also, make sure the hangar can't use its docker.

Reaction score
    Hopefully they've got more methods by which you can utilize fleets planned. This is an absolutely genius one, by the way. The only way to do this right now is to dock a drone hangar to a station and tell the hangar that it's a flagship. Also, make sure the hangar can't use its docker.
    I han't figured on doing that, but this idea is a definite yes!

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It would also be neat to have a Dock At Sector command, you could tell your fleet to fly to a neutral, allied, or faction-claimed station and dock where available! Maybe it could require the docking areas and pickup points to be used on the dock, it would allow for more control over where you want to allow people to have fleets dock and such.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would also be neat to have a Dock At Sector command, you could tell your fleet to fly to a neutral, allied, or faction-claimed station and dock where available! Maybe it could require the docking areas and pickup points to be used on the dock, it would allow for more control over where you want to allow people to have fleets dock and such.
    at least, if the fleet has docked there last time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I honestly cannot imagine a future version where this won't be implemented.

Some form of logic control would be useful in these cases. I was visited yesterday on the server I'm on by another player. I started getting warning pop-ups which I'd not seen before and I panicked! I have a button in my control room that will launch four fighters that I had already added to my "Base Defence" fleet. I then had to manually assign them a sentry role and then later I had to manually fly around in a ship core and collect them all up and dock them back on the station.

Some kind of "computer" in the launch circuit be useful that could automatically assign the launched ships an appropriate task, sentry, defend, even mine. Once the mission is over ships could return to base automatically like the carriers.

The warning alert could be linked to the same computer perhaps and allow the AI to launch fighters with a sentry mission for neutral intruders and defend sector for enemy perhaps?

Reactions: codercommand
    Reaction score
    I honestly cannot imagine a future version where this won't be implemented.

Some form of logic control would be useful in these cases. I was visited yesterday on the server I'm on by another player. I started getting warning pop-ups which I'd not seen before and I panicked! I have a button in my control room that will launch four fighters that I had already added to my "Base Defence" fleet. I then had to manually assign them a sentry role and then later I had to manually fly around in a ship core and collect them all up and dock them back on the station.

Some kind of "computer" in the launch circuit be useful that could automatically assign the launched ships an appropriate task, sentry, defend, even mine. Once the mission is over ships could return to base automatically like the carriers.

The warning alert could be linked to the same computer perhaps and allow the AI to launch fighters with a sentry mission for neutral intruders and defend sector for enemy perhaps?
    I like some of your idea and I most like the second part where you say"Some kind of "computer" in the launch circuit be useful that could automatically assign the launched ships an appropriate task, sentry, defend, even mine. Once the mission is over ships could return to base automatically like the carriers." :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I couldn't think of a name for the computer but I envisage something that can be slotted in with ordinary logic and be able to interact with it. Having it compatible with buttons, activation modules, inner ship remotes and WiFi modules both ways would be amazing.

A simple interface like the Bobbi AI to assign the command actions and we will no longer be bombing around space in a ship core collecting spacecraft, we can press a button and they will come home.

Reaction score
    There was a suggestion that recommended (At some point in the discussion) logic-based fleet commands, or at least the ability to use logic on a vessel to read and give fleet orders. Also, that thread came with a discussion of command and control over an empire, and the sorts of computers and interfaces we'd like to see in order to interact with our universe in a meaningful way.

Reactions: splatthecat

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    In addition, I'd like to see the carrier recall command apply for docked carriers as well. A carrier should be able to undock/re-dock its fighters/drones whether the carrier itself is docked or not.

Reactions: jgames666

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I can't say for certain if this is planned. Carriers will get expanded on in the future, for now all docking commands are limited to the flagship. When this changes I imagine we will take a look at station docking as well.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Can you have multiple carriers simply by having multiple fleets?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Can you have multiple carriers simply by having multiple fleets?
    Granted this was off the cuff but schema mentioned in the fleet release stream that he wanted to be able to use stations as a "flagship" and that should be able to nest fleets at some point. I imagine that's how its being planned out to work.

Like always that was an off the cuff comment from schema and may be subject to change, but its likely to happen.

Reaction score
    You know, you could just hook an enemy detector to a logic system that releases drones, after docking a thrust-less "mothership" to a station (The mothership looks like and effectively IS a part of the station), then recall the drones to the permanently docked mothership. Problem solved....if docked ships function in fleets correctly.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You know, you could just hook an enemy detector to a logic system that releases drones, after docking a thrust-less "mothership" to a station (The mothership looks like and effectively IS a part of the station), then recall the drones to the permanently docked mothership. Problem solved....if docked ships function in fleets correctly.
    Docked motherships cannot recall drones. I really hope we get some logic and fleet interactions. Enemy detectors are a nice idea but I would personally love to have an official version available to the everybody instead of a weird AI contraption only a few know how to build.

It would be nice to be able to deploy a fleet when a threat has been detected and recall them once there is no longer any targets.