Bug Fleet Mining not working with Large Harvester

Reaction score
    Are you saying to have the core on the front of the ship, next to the outputs?

I made a few little mining drones and sent the to mine a field, and instead of doing any mining, they felt content spinning in place next to an asteroid. Their cores are on the back of the ship, so I guess that could cause them to keep spinning around if it's trying to get the core closer to the asteroid, but then also spin around to actually fire at it.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm not entirely sure, but I tend to keep my cores close to the cockpit. Somewhere behind the pilot seat for my own personal convenience. So when I'm in flight mode and looking out from the core, I see out the window as if I were in the pilot seat or I see the cockpit area and out through the window.

My small harvester drones have the core pretty much centre of the ship, but my planet eater has the core on top of and towards the forward section of the harvester/cannon array.

So, I think it's more to do with centre of mass and having the thrust clustered around that centre of mass. I know, it seems a bit naff, since the main thrust logically would be at the rear and any low powered maneuvering thrusters all around. I'd say it's probably a mechanic and AI conflict or something.

To remedy my mini planet eater stalling and jitter problem, moving all the thrust clustered more closer to the centre of mass seemed to sort it mostly. I say mostly, because it's still having issues due to its size and it has fits when the target asteroid is the centre of a cluster of asteroids. The collision sensing upsets everything.

I would recommend moving the thrust around in your ship. If there is any at the rear, just remove it and place them anywhere around the centre of mass.

You can find the centre of mass by ticking the box at the top of the advanced build mode tools box.