fleet mining broken?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    since the update to the main menu was installed my 6 ship mining fleet doesn't work . All they do is circle around the asteroids doing the derp dance,running into each other and the asteroids.They worked fine before and I can jump into the core and control the mining no problem but that's no fun! any ideas I had a major system crash and had to download and import all to a new computer with a new world just before this all happened.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    After checking the core link check to make sure the salvager controller is linked to a storage block and that the storage is not full. Your ships might be stuck trying to avoid collisions due to their size you might need shorter salvaging ships. If an asteroid starts rotating the ships will attempt to maintain alignment to a particular side and wont start mining until the rotation stops.

What are the dimensions of the mining drones? Where is the core located within the mining drone (centered or favoring the front or back)? Might just be easier to post a blueprint of the drone design.

Reaction score
    I have been having a similar issue, except with mining ships in a fleet, prior to the asteroid change they worked fine mining whole fields in minutes, now they circle and derp and do nothing.

Any suggestions? As this is annoying.

Reaction score
    I've been facing the same issue in single player. Designs that used to work just fine are suddenly rendered stupid.

Unfortunately, no solution here, but I'll keep working at it.
    I have been having a similar issue, except with mining ships in a fleet, prior to the asteroid change they worked fine mining whole fields in minutes, now they circle and derp and do nothing.

Any suggestions? As this is annoying.

Reaction score
    Mining ship will not mine at all and just spins around in a derp circle...yes I have another ship as the flagship so that the miner should mine but it doesn't.

Reactions: StarCaptainDread
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Make sure the flagship and the mining drones are set to the same faction. Drones without a faction can be extra derpy. Ive seen them actually shoot beams and still not be mining because they weren't faction'ed. Also the drones pathing is related to the servers sector size, because the range of the salvager is also related to this. I find on some servers to need to constantly reorder the drones to mine. Finally make sure the drones have cargo to put their minerals in, if they get full they will just sit in place when ordered to mine.

Last edited: