Fleet mechanics?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Does word of the coming fleet mechanics include a means for conveniently recovering fighters? I've longed to have a carrier, but tracking down the fighters after a battle and manually docking them one at a time sapped my enthusiasm for the idea really quickly. Really. Quickly.

Really...

Reaction score
    We don't know, but for now I doubt it. The issue is path finding with widely differing shaped ships. I hope we get it eventually though.

Reaction score
    Hi,

We don't know, but for now I doubt it. The issue is path finding with widely differing shaped ships. I hope we get it eventually though.
    The game could cheat - essentially, fly towards the docking area until there's a collision then "magically teleport" onto the dock.

The next problem would be determining which dock each ship should use (or cheat, and remember which dock the ship was undocked from and only allow it to return to that dock if the dock is empty).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've got a drone rack that can collect all my drones now. It uses magnetic docking to "Catch" drones all on the same rail. The rail moves drones into their positions. Once a spot is filled, it will place a drone in the next one. SO if this became common, people would just need a "Dock to this rail" indicator and BAM you got a working runway.

Not sure how the drones/fighters would know when the rail was completely full and stop trying to slam into the dock though....