Fleet Command logic

Reaction score
    encountered a problem while building a carrier ship with a friend of mine and found that theres no way to mesh fleet commands and logic blocks.

so im gonna suggest a way to do so now.

the fleet command block would work similarily to a wireless logic block.
    its set to a certain fleet command and reacts with a logic pulse when the command is issued.
    it will also issue the same command when its receiving a logic pulse.
    for convenience it could emit a logic pulse when its "receiving the command it issued" for consistent behaviour.
    (that a ship always reacts identically regardless of itself ordering or receiving an order through logic)

the commands it issues/receives are for the fleet in which the ship the block is mounted on is assigned to.

thoughts? critique?

Reaction score
    At the very least, being able to issue commands from the hotbar, using inner ship remotes would be a boon to roleplayers. I just don't like going through those menus.
    As an added bonus, the logic could be used to take certain actions... Undock your fighters and set a red alert, or prepare your hangar for ships you have recalled.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    At the very least, being able to issue commands from the hotbar, using inner ship remotes would be a boon to roleplayers. I just don't like going through those menus.
    As an added bonus, the logic could be used to take certain actions... Undock your fighters and set a red alert, or prepare your hangar for ships you have recalled.
    Roleplayers nothing - it would be a boon to everyone and has been suggested before. Can you imagine trying to PvP from a bloody menu instead of hotbar commands??? It should be possible to allow commands for a fleet to be dragged from the existing menu into the hotbars.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I've seen similar suggestions before to, and have also suggested ideas.
    I certainly want hotbar controls, if not something similar. Having a list you can drag to the hotbar would be awesome!

Reaction score
    Yeah, I've seen similar suggestions before to, and have also suggested ideas.
    I certainly want hotbar controls, if not something similar. Having a list you can drag to the hotbar would be awesome!
    well, with some command block you get hotbar commands and more :shrug:

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I was thinking that maybe the inner ship logic names could correspond to commands. So you would name your remote "[recall]" and then when you activated it, it would set the "recall" mode for the fleet. In addition, any other ships that have a "[recall]" remote have that activated, so then their pickup points activate and whatnot.

Reaction score
    I agree with the above, though I'd add one additional caveat: Actual blocks or at least one block for these commands. That way, you can name remotes as you wish, and keeping the block-based nature of the game intact.