Fixes (0.132)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

having a lot very good bug reports coming in. Thank you!

- further optimized lighting calculations for faster segment(chunk) loading (average 15% faster)
    - fixed server crash when replacing only emty segement on a structure
    - fixed server NullPointer when projectiles fly in inactive sector
    - increased diffuse lighting (still not good as dark areas are a little bright now. Still finding a good balance)
    - fixed data problem when generating new planets (discovered due to the synch update of earlier patch)
    - optimized block collection calculation to faster ditch requested updates from removed objects in the queue

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in single player please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140308_190126.zip

(to use that please extract that file into a folder named "StarMade" and put a launcher in the directory below: e.g. if you extract it to c:\users\schema\games\StarMade, the launcher has to be in c:\users\schema\games for it to see the installation)

(The username and password is "dev". The link will be working around 15 minutes after this news post)

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    I can´t wait for the 1.0

Thanks schema for make this wonderful game!

Reaction score
    The lighting improved a lot. The area right around the lamps might need to be tuned down a bit though. http://i.imgur.com/AC8655W.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Some of my newer ships have some pretty large sections made of out penta and tetra blocks for the rotated 45 degree slope effect. While these do look a lot better than puting multiple layers of wedges turned sideways, the shading on them is a bet disapointing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mohlo by to byt popsáno pomocí obrázků.. protože to někdo nemusí pochopit...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...The old light/shadow gradient range wasn\'t that bad. The only issue lies in the way things are shaded. If corners didn\'t bathe themselves in derpy, irremovable shadow, wedges didn\'t block out all light even on empty sides, and tetra/penta lighting wasn\'t so terribad, the old light balance wouldn\'t bother me at all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    as my unnecisary title line says. personally I find the thing unplayable. its to dark if you donr have light blocks and more than three spaces away, sorry but that is way too resource demanding and we dont have portable lights to compete with this problem.

In minecraft they recently decided to test out thier dynamically lit torches. they made torches caryable and light up around the player, effectively a flashlight, to combat the ability to see in places without burdening us with carying enouph to place all around. they did it for two reasons, to make it so players dont die randomly in the dark when they can do nothing about it, and two they did it because the game needed a lightsource for places that torches cant be placed as some new zones they also recently added have such places.

so if nothing else we need either a caryable light such as a flashlight. or they need to unnerf light sources.