Fixed Turrets

Reaction score
    I saw a reference once in a post to "fixed turrets". For the ship I am building I will have a few turrets that fire at "selected", and I would like the turrets to be in a fixed position. Is there a way to make your turret unable to move?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Simply dock them to the normal ship dock (the green one). They will still shoot when you activate the AI but won't be able to rotate.

Reaction score
    Simply dock them to the normal ship dock (the green one). They will still shoot when you activate the AI but won't be able to rotate.
    Damn, that's an ingenious solution. This should be marketed as a feature, unless it already is of course.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Damn, that's an ingenious solution. This should be marketed as a feature, unless it already is of course.
    I don't want to take credit for that :p (As I didn't come up with it). Also keep in mind that by using fixed docks that the core doesn't have to be at the bottom of the turret, so you can stick it in the middle if you want :D

Reaction score
    I tried this but it does not work for me:(

I tried it with this, a simple weapon which points to the right. It is installad with an Bobby AI and it is turned on. But it simply did not fire on any of the target drones I provided it with.

What could be the problem?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I tried this but it does not work for me:(

I tried it with this, a simple weapon which points to the right. It is installad with an Bobby AI and it is turned on. But it simply did not fire on any of the target drones I provided it with.

What could be the problem?
    On what mode is the AI, ship or turret?
    And what is it set to shoot at, any target or the selected target?

Reaction score
    I tried both turret and ship and it is set to target any target

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    hmm, works when I use select target with me fixed forward facing torpedo module

make sure the front of the weapon has a clear LOS to the enemy?

Reaction score
    Do you have plex doors in that opening? If so, it could be the turret doesn't fire because it technically still has a part of the ship in its way, even if the door is open.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    try turning it on from the structure tab on the mothership?

Reaction score
    It looks like you chain docked your fixed turret so may be an issue with the orientation of the ship itself. The bobby ai will only fire if an enemy enters its field of vision.

Last edited: