[FIX] Sound echo !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Folks !

I often read here about the sound problem.Its like the sound is repeating itself all the time.

I am a Software developer myself, and I had these kind of problem often myself.

Its because in your Windows\system32 folder, there is a different version of the OpenAL32.dll than in the Starmade\native folder.Because the system32 Dynamic Link Libs have a higher priority, they will be load instead of the right file from the game.

So to fix this issue, just go to your Starmade\nativ folder and copy the file OpenAL32.dll . Then go to your Windows\system32 folder and rename the file, which is already in there to OpenAL32.dll.old . Then copy the OpenAL32.dll from Starmade\nativ into Windows\system32.

This should work out pretty good.

I hope I could help you, if you have that problem.

Kind regard, 7xCore

P.S.: Sorry from some speech errors, but I am from Germany and not the best in English grammar/writing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Finally the sound is working. Thanks man you really helped alot of people with this fix :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    go to windows uninstall, remove java,

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

download and install java 64 and try this

Fixed me, windows 7.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fixed this problem simply by deleting the x64 file and now my sounds work. I tried this way but it wouldn\'t let me copy the OpenAL file into the system32 file.