Fix Navigating to coordinates to be a STRAIGHT LINE!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not really, since all sectors are fixed size and move at a fixed rate in a fixed direction, the client can easily predict where you must go to reach the sector wanted, server doesn\'t need to do anything.

Even if something was variable then it would inform the client anyways and the client can adjust calculations.

Reaction score
    Do the sectors all rotate together at the same time or do the sectors rotate on the center of the sector?

If it rotates on the center of the sector, then there would be no problem with the straight line method as each center would not move.

If by chance the whole of all sectors rotate as a universe, then in effect would the player also not be rotating at exactly the same speed/direction as everything else? So then again the center of a sector may move, but to the perspective of the player in game it would not seem to move allowing a straight line.

I beleive that schema has addressed this somewhere before but cannot remember why he said it would not be a good idea. Perhaps someone can link to it? I can\'t seem to find it...

Reaction score
    From server.cfg:
    UNIVERSE_DAY_IN_MS = -1 //how long is a \'day\' (stellar system rotation) in milliseconds (-1 to switch off system rotation)

If you haven\'t set it -1 already, you should. I see no reason to use such if it messes up 3D coordinates, and causes annoying issues like warping on sector borders.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am new but it seems like things only pop up when you get fairly close to them. Does the entire sector load in when you clip a corner, or is it just references to the objects that load which your client then uses to calculate physics/graphics, or what?