Fix My Ship With MSpaint - [Closed]

Reaction score
    So I've been working on this ship (still WIP). It was going pretty good, by the standards of my first two ships. Unfortunately, my friend I was showing it to pointed out a critical design error - I... uh... well see for yourself:

So here I am - asking for your help:

Open up either of the pictures in MSpaint (or whatever you want) and draw what you think will fix the ship! I'm looking for (smallish, preferably) general shape changes, not color changes or a complete redesign. As for guidelines it's supposed to be kinda a sleek, flying brick that goes super fast. The hard part is that the top is smooth and flat - and I don't really want to change that, but by all means change my mind. I'll upload the whole ship when it's finished.

I will use the best looking design for my finished ship, and in return I offer the winner a strong feeling of self worth (it's priceless). The best final shape - not the best MSpaintsmanship, determines the winner. Squiggly lines are welcome and expected!

Help me get my trader into ship-shape - and not... eh... yeah...

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Your ship is fine and does not need fixing. All that gorgeous real estate that you have top side? Go turret mad. Go porcupine all the way. Your hull would be perfect for badass missile cruiser.

Reaction score
    Your ship is fine and does not need fixing. All that gorgeous real estate that you have top side? Go turret mad. Go porcupine all the way. Your hull would be perfect for badass missile cruiser.
    For clarity's sake, the exact words my friend used were:
    "looks like you needs to find a mothership ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
    (Then he just spammed that face for a few minutes)

While I hope you are right and we are just gutter-brains, I need a third opinion to be sure. Thanks for the advice though!

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For clarity's sake, the exact words my friend used were:
    "looks like you needs to find a mothership ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"
    (Then he just spammed that face for a few minutes)

While I hope you are right and we are just gutter-brains, I need a third opinion to be sure. Thanks for the advice though!
    It took me about 5 mins to get that. Let's face it, everything that humans make reflect that somewhere in it's structure. One body part is as good as any other I suppose.
    suggestion.jpg

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    A ton of scifi ships and real life crafts (like the SR-71) are phallus shaped and they still look good. Tbh I wouldn't worry about it too much.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I thought you might appreciate a simply-more-aggressive forward profile.

underside-png.14494-fix.png

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Thanks for the advice, guys! I guess I was just being self-conscious. I think I'm still going use a few of these ideas, however.