Fix blueprint spammers

Reaction score
    Recently, people have came onto nass with their $0 blueprints and just spammed the shit out of them in an attempt to lag the server,

Now I have 2 suggestions to fix these 2 problems.

1. Charge the player the cost of the blueprint calculated at the time of purchase.(To stop $0 modified ones)
    2. Have a cooldown when buying blueprints, so if you buy one you have to wait... lets say 30 seconds, before you're able to buy another.(I feel 30 seconds shouldn't hinder any legitimate purchases.)

Reaction score
    Definitely gets my support. Some user named something like hanako was in NASS and I kept on and kept on seeing the error message. It was like split seconds between the message.

I thought the reason was that I was trying to see if my ship could fit in a hole in another ship. >>

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Perhaps make an option in the cfg files to force a recalculation of the price after uploading

Reaction score
    The fact that it can tell when you\'re cheating tells me this new feature could\'ve been further built upon, perhaps auto-kicking users that do that. Why it only just sends a message, I haven\'t the faintest clue. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My private server generated this message the first time I edited a ship I bought from my own catalog. Not sure why.

Reaction score
    Just banned a player for causing this, only to have one of my regulars who I know wasn\'t hacking do the same thing. He said he was in \'remove mode\' on his ship when that happened. Something with the new update maybe?

Reaction score
    I guess that makes sense. Don\'t autoban/kick just in case the detection is off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree completely. People can just buy these $0 blueprints, and not only lag the server, but gain access to unlimited free resources. When I was on the NASS server, there was a point where the right side of my screen was just red and white...for a very long time

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, the prices should most certainly be modified, but I disapprove of the cooldown. Instead, it should be more of a warm-up, you have to wait for each ship to be fully constructed, longer the larger it is.

Reaction score
    This actually should go into the bug section, these players only click it once.