First time

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey all, i just started playing this great game and from what i have watched online its looking like a ace game. so i started for the first time and for the first 20mins after the tutorials i found myself with a crap looking ship and not alot of money. as there is no food or water to be needed i looked for the next best thing. Money. so i set out to find how to mine in this game from the internet. could not find anything so i by chance rightclicked on a block on a planet and found you could pick them up.... long hall back to the shop and BINGO money. so i say could there be something like a starting tutorial on how to make money as everything needed has to be payed for. maybe introduce fuel to the game. something where you need to spend to accumulate. make be manufactor the block fuel to sell and use on ships. anyhow thanks for this brill game and will be paying for the full game as soon as its released, o and try and get the descriptions for the other blocks sorted in the game please.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    also found that selling your blocks is a bit tricky. i mite be doing it wrong but how i do it is open the shop window and scroll down to the block you have mined. then click on that block in the shop window and sell how ever meny you have. would be nice to just quick sell the lot.
    Fast travel, maybe to :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you watch the videos posted about Starmade, you can see there IS a fast and easy way to sell bunches from your inventory.

Simply put the stuff you want to sell on the bar down, then enter the shop and drag that item from the down bar you want to sell, up on the shop image, just like putting someting in your inventory, but in the shop. You get the popup where it asks how many to sell, OK, and ready.

Just click, drag and drop :D

Have fun,
    -Mike

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow thanks man. that saved me alot of time. another point i would like to make is maybe a waypoint as so meny times i go to a planet and cant find my way back to my home base t sell my gear. has to be some sort of crafting system where you can set up new bases where ever you go.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Uh, there is a system where you can set up new bases, (press M to start one, then place a Build Block on it, enter it with \"R\", and start building it like in Building mode of the ship, but on the station) but you can\'t use those as shops. You can use those as storages though, with the Plex Storages in some storage room, in a bigger complex station, with defence turrets and etc. Just that you risk losing the station and what\'s in it if other players find it, and they decide to grief it, cus there are good players too, who wouldn\'t touch it.

What I did was building a station in a sector with a shop (could actually get to mix the 2 structures nicely), and also one on a planet, though the planet one gives issue due to already being filled with a million blocks.

To travel arround, there are more ways. You can easely pick a sector based path, like:
    you are are 2 2 2 and you want to go to 2 3 0. So you look at the 2nd coordinate, the Y (up and down, it still works as X Y Z), and go from sector 222 to 232, then go backwards on the Z coords, so from 232 to 231 and 230.

There\'s an, apparently shorter way but more complex or buggy (sometimes it\'s just about luck :D ), to go straight to the destination sector.
    In the case above, but going straight, you can look with the ship to the 2 2 1 sector, and turn the nose of the ship a bit over to the 2 3 2 sector, a bit. Going straight between the 2 coords, will get you faster to sector 2 3 0, if your estimated direction is correct. It is also possible you get past the border and end up having to go back to one of the exit/coords.

Have fun,
    -Maike

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I for one don\'t like the having to buy fuel idea, I figure a civilization capable of living in space are smart enough to come up with a form of propulsion that doesn\'t use fuel. Then there will be a need for fuel storage blocks and thoes will take up space that a power block would use. Besides if you run out how will you get money to buy fuel? Idk, if there where multiple ways of propulsion with at least one that dosen\'t need fuel I guess I would be ok with it. What I would rather have is a hunger like need (think minecraft). Having to go to a planet to farm(grow) and/or harvest food for processing on board your ship or station. Or also be able to farm and harvest on a station if you have money.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I second Zyrafyr in the opinion that fuel shouldn\'t be the propulsion system. Perhaps through; you need solar panels to recharge batteries? And perhaps you COULD have fuel; but only along with the battery/solar idea; it would make thrusters faster and more effective. If fuel was mandatory; you would simply end up having to reset the universe in a stalemate; having run out of fuel. Like Zyrafyr said; technology would be more advanced than that; there would be ways of installing less effective back up systems. But I think having fuel as an efficiancy boost is a good idea. You could use it to get out of a fight; it would add more tactics to a space fight \"go for the fuel tanks! we don\'t want these b******s getting away fast!\"

~Androconus

Reaction score
    Im just not big on polluting the galaxy aswell... I dont like the fuel idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Kenoix, are you retarded? This thread is over 6 months old.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But the full-things are still relevant thought.

I vote for quantum-energy generator (-30%, inefficient), recharge with solar / diving through suns (like StarGate/Destiny) and some very expensive stuff, that might be good for escape pods and in very small ammounts for player-controlled fighters/bombers if you already have capitals (+30%, very space efficient)