First time playing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I recently started the tutorial on starmade. In the middle of the ship building part of the tutorial i was killed by pirates. I tried 3 more times to build a ship and every time i get killed by pirates. Im given no time to build, mine for minerals, or do anything really. I managed to build one ship with thrusters and cannons, i tried to fly to the closest place that had land and started getting shot at again. When i tried to shoot back nothing happened. I left clicked, i had cannons, a weapons module, and enough power, but nothing happened. Im at the point where i want to give up but the reviews on this game say its worth the time. How can i build a ship in peace and get used to the game before i have 3 giant ships destroy me???

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You can use /god_mode Balthazar true

and those isanths may look big, but in some days(or weeks) they will just be a minor annoyance

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thank you, ill give that a try. im also curious about being able to shoot. it says left click, but nothing happens. i have cannons and a weapons module. do i need to be aiming at something to shoot?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Have you connected the cannons and weapons computer, and do you have power?

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    make sure you are in the core, then select the weapons computer with \'C\' then the weapons should be automaticaly linked

Reaction score
    That\'s a bit short for a beginner.

• You have to be in build mode.
    • Weapons are automatically linked if they are placed after selecting the computer.
    • Manually link weapons with V (or groups with shift+V)