First Large ship Help/Advice(For Me)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen

Someone Help me. I have created a monster and i need some advice to fix it!

I just started playing this game and really love the concept and ideas... that are in my head.... then i get somewhere like where the front of my ship is... and it kinda looks like a truck.

Any advice and tips would be helpful on areas such as 1. The front(especially the front) 2.Layering details on the hull 3. Weapons placements?

All advice would be appreciated thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Remember to use wedges to smooth it out. You can invert the wedges for the bottom of the front. You should probably just bevel the top with one row of wedges. You may want to round off the sides of the front.

Weapons placements: put things closer to the front then the rear. Your are probably going to need turrets and you don\'t want to shoot stuff off.

Reaction score
    also another thing you can do with larger ships is simply use different colors.. i see you started too which is great but go a little bigger with other colors and it help break up the dullness of a single color.. looks great so far keep up the good work

Reaction score
    as the others have said, smooth off your ships (try not to over smooth aswell, sometimes parts look better with monor or no smoothing, and try exploring the Screenshot awesome part of the forum for ideas