Firing rate of weapons read.

Reaction score
    I was watching an anime today called zoids to go back to my childhood days, anyway there is a zoid in it called dibison which has a cannon on its back called 105mm 17-Shot Megalo Max Assault Cannon as it says it fires 17 shots. Anyway that got me thinking it would be great if you could change the firing rate of individual weapons, you can make a gatling gun and missle pods that will fire each weapon at different times. I think this would be top not to just have one shot rockets and a machine gun like cannon.

This in turn will take away the need to have blocks inbetween each AMC or Missile Array to stop them from joining together because the firing rate will change that AMC will only link together if they have the same firing rate.

People im not talking about the reload time

Rate of fire is the frequency at which a specific weapon can fire or launch its projectiles. It is usually measured in rounds per minute

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When you go to the T tab there are < and > buttons next to reload. You can decrease reload(increasing time between reload) in favor of damage or anything else or lower something else and increase reload speed(decreading time between reloads).

Reaction score
    your wrong if you have a block of amc they all count as one i want to be able to fire all of the cannons one after the other like this

i want them to fire like this

| 7 | 8 | 9 |
    | 4 | 5 | 6 | they fire 1 after the other
    | 1 | 2 | 3 |

not like this

| | | |
    | | 5 | |
    | | | | they fire all in the the number 5 block

Reaction score
    The reload speed isnt the firing rate the firing rate is how fast it fires and when it fires

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How fast the Antimatter bolt flies is Speed. Rate of Fire is Reload. Also if you want your pod to fire indivisual shots.. Don\'t have them touch. They don\'t need to touch to all be connected tot he same weapons computer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    he doesn\'t mean that, he means fire alternate barrels like a repeater cannon that doesn\'t just go PEW every time but instead pew pew, pew pew, pew pew, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If he changes the reload time so each one is 50-100MS different when he holds down to attack after the first large pew it will go:pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, ect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    not the same, it creates a weird cycle where sometimes it alternates sometimes they fire kinda close, would be better to actually assign a weapon fire order.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you want that I guess it is an astetics thing for long reload weapons, but I\'ll stop posting. Have fun.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The closest you can get to that right now is to have one larger cannon with a lot of points in reload speed, but I know what you mean and I think there might eventually be functionality to allow that. It\'s hard to tell while a game is in alpha.

Reaction score
    If it was added to starmade it will open up more possibility for weapons people could make there own weapons then. Like I said like a gatling gun, my ship needs two and then its complete. But saddly I have had to use the space for escape pods because its leaves two massive spaces in my ship if I dont.