Firing Missiles with Logic causes a Crash

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was trying to test out a point defense turret last night by linking up an auto missile systems with logic. When I used a large swarmer array all was well, but I wanted to fire individual missiles at a time. So I linked up a single missile computer with 1 barrel to a clock, but once it gave the 'fire' command my game crashed, and gave the 'update Intel driver' message (despite having been fine for quite some time before hand). I now cant get back into the game to rectify the situation before the game crashes. Is there anyway around this? Anything I can do?

- nb - this was the dev version released on 6/5/2015 (0.1219?) and my pc is a severely under powered laptop with an intel driver integrated graphics. However, I dont think its a driver update issue personally...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    thanks, do you know of anything I can do to get myself out of this crash loop in the mean time?
    I don't know why the game keep crashing on starting. But reinstalling the game files may help. Keep your world's data and make a new install. If I don't work it means the bugs "persisted" in your worlds files and you should wait for a fix or make a new world.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    It does not happen if you fire the missile manually?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As it happens it does now, I think it may be my laptop dying more than a bug unfortunately. The crash appears to have been as a result of the firing rather than the logic. But since it was looped then I was kinda stuck, l was lucky and a logic derp managed to get me out of my predicament.

I'll do some more digging over the weekend and see if I can nail down a cause.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I'm not sure what your operating system is, or if you have a dedicated GPU.

If you have a dedicated GPU, update its driver and make sure starmade is using that instead of intel HD.
    If not, update your intel HD graphics driver.

Also make sure you are using java 64 bit if you have a 64 bit operating system and update your java version to the latest one, remove older versions (or disable them in the java control manager).

EDIT: You might want to include a log.txt of one of those crashes, they are in your starmade/logs folder, sort on data and take the latest one (if the last time you played resulted in a crash of that bug)