Fire ze missiles.. or not

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So it would seem everytime I try and set up the top tier missiles I have terrible results.. I plop down the control unit (SD BB Missile CPU) make sure that is selected and plop down the missile arrays ensuring they are facing the way I want) I hop into my ship and go into flight mode, assign the cpu to the number 1 key and target an asteriod or space station I see the circular icon rotate and go from red to green to show a lock and everything goes fine. I hop back into build mode and go on my merry way and build the rest of my ship add more weapons etc.. Later on I attack some pirates or just test the missiles again except this time it won't lock onto anything and a few times when I clicked to fire nothing happened the CPU went into the cool down timer but no missiles streaked across space. So far it seems these missiles just turn into dumbfire missiles and I do not know what the issue is, is this just a common bug waiting to be fixed? Any help would be appreciatted.

Reaction score
    They glitch sometimes. I would use the 2nd tier ones. They don\'t need a lock on and it looks like they actualy preform better. Hope it helps.

-AmeriChris

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I might have found the issue, I was checking the core connection and though the CPU was connected to the core the arrays were not, when I hit V on the CPU to unconnect it and then hit it again to reconnect it it showed the arrays as also being connected (I had not realized the arrays themselves needed connecting also) So now they appear to be locking on normally provided they don\'t unconnect themsevles again.

Thanks for the tip I am going to go build a missile frigate using the 2nd tier missiles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cause of glitches these days with weapons i will actually make a ship frame and plan out my weapons early so when it comes to making them ill place the missile cpu and then the missiles themselves cause it auto connects then but if i place the missile cpu then the laser cpu i have issues with setting up missiles