'Fire on my command...'

Reaction score
    Ive been playing starmade for a while now and im happy to say that of the hours ive poured into it I regret not one. That said, here are a few things i'd hope to see;

Aesthetics
    • Multi-block starmaps: not easy, I know but I have recently taken to using small spheres of forcefield (primarily blue) to simulate holographic starmaps. What I would like is the ability to project within an actual starmap of the galaxy, system (as they are in the navigation) or at the very least sector (as you see in the radar in the hud) , eventually with the ability to project your location and the locations of any entities detected by the navigation and prehaps with a special module to make your station show up for all to see, anywhere (stations like a server spawn, player owned shops, admin bases etc.) All done by placing a projector block and configuring the size and image to your needs.
    • Props: the current plants present in the game make for some intresting albeit odd props. A small set of more... practical props would be nice; mugs, plates/ bowls, helmets/ full space suits (alternatively a suit/ weapons locker decor block) and yokes (aircraft steering device) all in the name of livening up interiors.
    Functional blocks
    • Laser designation: I have trust issues. As such im a one man faction but I take comfort in knowing im not the only one, however (belive it or not) its not as easy when taking on the universe all by ones lonesome. Bobby helps with the turrets, but he has a tendency to get them jammed or shoot at the least threatening targets at the time when hes needed most. What I want is a new 'weapon'; a harmless beam that can be synced to AI modules to effectively coordinate a concentration of fire. ofcourse inter-ship coordination is what it will eventualy build up too with the flagship of a fleet able to control every turret in the fleet, I understand this would be potentialy overpowered so I suggest that for every turret added the 'tick counter' or time till all turrets are synced and ready to fire takes longer to cound down, the effect of the turret dependant on its size/ mass, counterable by adding more blocks to the designators 'cannon'.
    • Turret control block: more of a RP thing, this block can be placed anywhere on a ship and be connected to a turret core docked elsewhere on the ship allowing player control from a turret room rather than walking to its actual location, a pain in bigger ships.
    Other
    • Faction uniforms: the option in the faction menu to upload skins which attaches itself to members on that server only, with the option of different skins for different ranks (e.g. lowest gets grimy overalls, owner gets gold-plated, jewel-encrusted, bling-covered custom battle-suit)
    • More planets: speaks for itself, heres a few ideas: ocean planet, Swamp planet, husk planet, scrap-yard planet... not necessarily out of brand-new blocks, I just dont want to see a green planet and instantly know: plains, I want to have to go down, to see if its a forest, or a swamp or some green radioactive hell-hole. I want variety.
    • Less shops, more stock: I will admit I find it useful to have a shop every sector or two but it kind of ruins what could be a great experience: to have been dragging myself to a nearby undiscovered station after a bad run in with some pirates knowing if its a pirate station, its over. Only to cry for joy when I finaly find a trade station which sells everything I need to fix myself up. You know, a station like those pirate stations and derelict stations; with hangars and an interior, turrets to fend off pirates and stocking the amount of ten remote shops rather than ten blank pillars i visit individualy. If nothing else it will promote the use of user owned shops, bring people together with less places to restock and really build on that idea of discovering and building a universe, without half the sectors already filled with blank generic pillars.
    Again, these are just a few things id like to see, and as time goes on I may want to see more. But for now this is all.

Reactions: Lidren and Mariux
    Reaction score
    the starmap would be amazing and very welcome, and i think it would be neat to combine it with a scanner, so thats how you show all the stuff in a system/sector. unfortunately, i dont think this will happen soon if at all

props, always good and pretty easy

in a similar vein i'd love a new weapon that does no damage and doest trigger hostility, so i can have a tractor beam or similar effect

also useful, more so if it also activated the AI when you leave/gets a signal

aesthetic, but should be optional to the person

yes, +1

I think this would be better if shops were more common near the center of a system and got more sparse the farther out, but the further you go, the more stuff they have (from lack of trades+bigger shipments)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    All of these would be AMAZING!
    I think the starmap might not be useful, I have a counter-suggestion:
    include a light that can cycle through colors depending on number of inputs. This way you can create a map with the lights representing individual sectors, and change them by pressing the right switches. (this setup would require HUGE logic, but I think I can work out how to do it in 2d for under 10,000 blocks)
    I also want to see "Derelict" ships spawning, heavily (and randomly) damaged ships with probable hostile life aboard. Probably one of these could spawn for every 100 asteroids in an asteroid sector, and needs to have cool names generated.