Finished my crafting system. (For v0.174, mod version 1.0)

What should I do to improve the overview of the recipe?

• Increase resource amount for blast doors by 30 capsules total.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Double the resource amount for turret docking (enhancer) units.

• Both.

Votes: 2 100.0%
    • Neither.

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I decided to work on my crafting system while the current system was still in the dev build, which made it very easy for me to release it so early.
    What I changed:
    • The length of the recipes in the standard and advanced factories.
    • The factory some blocks are made in. Mainly the circuits and motherboards, but also: Water and ice crystals. Ice crystals are now made in basic and water is made in standard. I also moved the factory enhancer to advanced.
    • Added recipes for some blocks that didn't have recipes yet. I believe I only added recipes for the push pulse. Apparently I didn't assign a factory for the push pulse. I'll add it in the next update (which will then be 1.1).
    • Changed the resources needed for the jump module. You now only need 50 capsules and 100 crystal circuits instead of the previous 100 capsules and 50 crystal circuits (I made it cheaper and it now works the same as all the other recipes; modules are 1/10 the price of the computers).
    What I didn't change:
    • The items that are in the basic factory. Some items from the basic factory that I used as intermediate blocks did have their price slightly changed. The metal grill is the only one I can think of right now, but there might be others.
    • The prices. I only changed the price for the jump drive module and the push pulse (because it wasn't in any factory). The other blocks all use the same amount of capsules, alloyed metal mesh and crystal circuits. Even the same types of capsules were kept.
    • Hull and glass. I left those alone too. Nothing has changed there at all (at least it shouldn't have).
    What might get complicated:
    • Blast doors.
    • Turret docking (enhancer) units.
    What these changes mean in terms of gameplay:
    • You now have a reason to create factories.
    • Because the prices are generally the same it is very easy to switch to this system.

If there are recipes that I for some reason didn't change or if a certain recipe is too complicated, please let me know.

Also, would it be a good idea to put this by the mod section?

I will be posting more config mods in the future. If there are any questions about how I did it and what one might need to do something like this, feel free to post your question here or, if the answer is likely going to be a long one, fell free to pm me.

Oh, it is in a zip file because I can't upload .xml files.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. You need to put it by /data/config in your starmade folder. Be sure to back up the previous config just in case.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic and jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would it be better to make the turret docking (enhancer) units and blast door more expensive to have a better looking recipe tree? The increase for blast doors isn't terrible, just 30 capsules total more, but to improve the recipe for turrets I'd have to double the resource amount...

Added poll for this.
    Edit: Please vote. I need the information.