Finding out what builds what?

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm trying to find out what factory blocks build what items and it's a lot more difficult than it should be.

For example, to make a what light block I need to make a white light rod, but I can't locate where/how to build one and I'd like to not have to buy if I can avoid it...

The wiki's don't seem to show where blocks are made/come from... can anyone show me a resource or something in game that tells me? The factory tells me for SOME things but not all... what's with that?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
    Look top right on the factory screen, the button 'graph' tells you what to put in. Schema's English is alright, but occasionally there's much to desire...it should say 'recipe'.

BTW you need parsen capsules for rods. You make that in the basic factory. Then go to next level factory and put in glass (crystal in basic factory to make that) and the rod.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you press the button to change a factory's production, you can type a string to filter the dropdown list. For example, in a basic factory click the button which has "(change)", type "rod", and click the dropdown menu. The list will then show all of the rod lights, or more precisely all items that factory can build which contain the entered substring. This can be a bit faster than scrolling through the entire list to figure out if that factory can produce the desired item.

After a bit of use you'll get familiar with the system. Generally the next tier of an item, or the next stage of production in which an item is an ingredient, is handled by the next level factory. For example basic hulls are all made in the basic factory, and standard armor in the standard factory. Rod lights are made in the basic factory, and block lights (which use rod lights) are made in the standard factory.

Reaction score
    also adding the enhancers will let you build what you need faster so if you need 10 rods to build 1 light you can put 9 enhancers on the basic factory and each tick it will feed the standard factory 10 rods if you link the standard to the basic and link both to a resource bin then you can just let it run and go mine or something. But be careful cause you can eat resources fast like that, and power can become an issue.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419875498,1419875363][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and don't forget you will need a second basic to build the glass for the first

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It's a little confusing at first (I'm still getting adjusted to working with factories since the change to buying with blocks myself) - but it starts to make sense over time . There's a general sense of logic to the level of item you're trying to create and which of the three factories it can be produced out of. You'll pick it up the more you use them.

I still usually just take a guess and try to look it up on that type of factory if I'm not sure on a specific item - if I'm wrong there's only two other possible options ;)

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thanks ppl that's very helpful!
    Andir, thanks for making a utility, that's great!