Fill build helper

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    For when you dont want to place blocks manually, just press "fill build helper" and it would fill in the build helper thingy, its a simple idea

Reactions: Valck

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    while I like the idea what happens when u use the fill option on a 100+ radius sphere?

Personally just trying to do a filter replace on a 50x50x50 cubes worth of blocks has the potential to crash my game. If such a feature is implemented the blocks would have be places incrementally to prevent the game from locking up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah, if the blocks are placed in order over time that could reduce the strain on the system. My laptop can't even fill in a 50^3 area sometimes. If you're going to auto-fill that build helper area don't do it all at once.

You know I'd also like a flood-fill macro that would place the selected block in empty spaces adjacent to the one you're looking at, then spaces adjacent to those, so on and so forth until A) there are no empty spaces adjacent to blocks placed in the last step or B) the game recognizes it's trying to do too many actions at the same time (a server config option to tell it "stop fill-in if number of blocks in next step exceeds y" - so a couple players using the fill-in function on a server doesn't crash it) or C) the player hits a key that ends the fill-in setup, or D) the next block placed would extend the dimensions of the ship in any direction beyond what they currently are (in case it tries to fill in void space outside your hull because you had a leak, this will tell it to stop)

Course that goes beyond the suggestion of filling in your build helper area.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    While not exactly the same, you might want to take a look at FSM: #18

Something like this is classified as 'Planned'.