Read by Council 'Fill All' Button and 'Remove All' Button

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Although spending hours or even days manually filling space in with power is a heap of fun, I feel like I could be spending my lifeforce a bit better. It would be very nice to have a button that fills all empty space within a hull with whichever block is selected (think of the paint bucket tool). An example of this is in the game 'From the Depths', one click and it fills available space in with one block type.

Another amazing time-saving addition to the game could be a 'Remove All' button. This would work similar to the filter-remove build option already available, except when you choose the block type you want to purge from your ship, it deletes every single one with one click. Obviously this would give some performance issues, so it would be best to make it work through the ship layer by layer or something.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    +1, though there are ways to achieve a similar effect to "Remove all" using remove filters.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    +1, though there are ways to achieve a similar effect to "Remove all" using remove filters.
    Yeah, depends on your ship size and shape as well as the dimensions you have set in the config for the build cube though. Would be much simpler to just click once to remove all blocks without too much messing about.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd also like to see a 2D fill for each plane (XY, XZ, YZ) for filling in walls, floors, etc. from wireframes.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    maybe a remove all touching button. would work like shift-v maybe could be shift-right click?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445677898,1445677477][/DOUBLEPOST]also a remove all connected for computers that removers all the modules connected to that computer

Reactions: RabidBat
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    maybe a remove all touching button. would work like shift-v maybe could be shift-right click?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445677898,1445677477][/DOUBLEPOST]also a remove all connected for computers that removers all the modules connected to that computer
    Yeah similar to selecting modules for a computer would be cool as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    For the fill all feature there would need to be a way to detect any holes in a ship however, otherwise you'd have an issue :D

Reaction score
    For the fill all feature there would need to be a way to detect any holes in a ship however, otherwise you'd have an issue :D
    Oh please. That's one of the easiest things to do. To decide whether some area is closed all you need to do is start "flooding" and check if some blocks go outside of bounding box of current entity.
    Bounding box is guaranteed to cover the whole entity and you will literally never face a situation where you need to fill some area, you designate it and find out you can't because it goes outside of bounding box.
    I should also remind everyone everything must be processed client-side so no server would suffer from lag here. Building is already pretty much client-side so filling things should be too.
    Here's a rough picture of exceptional situation.

Black - real blocks
    Red - bounding box
    Green - filling start
    Blue will be explained a little bit later.

So it makes an ever-expanding "wave" and check if it touches the red area. If it does then it throws error - no boundaries set. In this case it will do that.

Now we put a block at the blue tile and the wave is contained. So we replace imaginary wave with real blocks.

Memory optimized wave algorithm is the best algorithm here. I am not going to explain technical details, those who know already know.