fighters?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm building a supper carrier. I was wondering fighters with a boby Ai block work good or bad?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess what are the pro/con from fighters with boby ai and do they attempt to fly out of your ship or do they try shooting from the inside?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    They typically will fly off if they can find a path out of the ship. The idea is simple enough. Have the fighters with bobby AIs all docked in their happy little spaces. Use the structure tab, while in the ship they are docked to, to first enable all AI in the Fixed Docking Collective. Open all doors on the ship (unless your fighter bay is doorless) and then undock them all or one by one in the structure tab. They should fly themselves out and engage hostiles. Getting them to redock after the sortie is the only real problem you'll have. At the moment the AI tends to just chase things, kill them, and then hang there in space waiting for new targets. They do not Return to Carrier yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    YET... give the developers more time and the fighter drones will do sweeping passes at ships and kite them to death.

Reaction score
    I'm building a supper carrier. I was wondering fighters with a boby Ai block work good or bad?
    At current they're only good en-mass. The current AI aseems to stay at their max effective range and strafe while firing their weapons and as a result should be built to be as replaceable as possible since you probably wont be able to salvage most of them. Like the above said they'll probably be a lot more useful when they are a bit 'smarter' and giant ships can no longer just thrust backwards at max server speed or rotate/turn as easy as they can now to destroy them. In big numbers if you equip them right they can still do a lot of damage and can draw fire from you, especially against missile spam..the thread keptick linked goes into it in much more detail.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am going to take my time building this supper carrier and keep it on the back burner till the game gets a few updates.