Fighter Docking Module

Reaction score
    The AI modules in this game are so awesome, and I love using the autoturrets, but I haven't found much use for the "Ship AI" option. I have a colossal ship, and I could fit many fighters in/on it. The fighter docking module could work like this.

There is a fighter docking module computer that you would connect all fighter docking modules to. From the ship core as the pilot, you could have the computer bound on your hotbar like antimatter cannons, salvage beams, etc. When used, it would undock any ships connected to it. And should you be in combat, and they have an AI module set with the right options, they would help you out. The annoying part would be getting all the fighters back on their docks once the battle is over. I'm not sure how easy it would be to make clicking the fighter docking module again on your hotbar, and cause the ships to redock, but it would be cool. Anyone think this would be a good way to make ship AI more useful? (besides making the AI smarter and glitch around less, of course)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hed this idea too :D only my thoughts worked alittle different.

We had Turret Docks and Ship Docks, why not fighter docks? This would be the same as the others, with their own enhancement blocks too, only with an added extra.

The docking block remembers which fighter was last docked at on it. The player gets an icon on his hotbar called \"Recall Fighters\" which when pressed will summon back all fighters with AI blocks (which they will all have cos they are fighter.. unless broke).

The AI block could carry the extra setting of fighter along side its ship and turret settings.

For really good hangers though the AI will have to use path finding abit better, in order to not just fly into the hanger walls and bounce around as currently seems to happen with ship docks :(