Fighter Core

Do you think that this is a good idea.

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Concept: A 1 block system that when activated turns the ship into more of a fighter control scheme.

Functionality: It works the same way as a weapon cpu and doesn't require anything other than the single fighter core block. When activated the moves foreword continuously W and S pull up and down A and D turn/roll to the left and right. The mouse only aims the weapons. The speed and turning of the fighter would also be increased whale the core is active. This allows for the fighter to act more like a fighter by allowing easier strafing and aiming independently of moving.

Requirements: The ship would need to be under a certain mass for the fighter core to be equipped. This would prevent huge cruisers from trying to utilize the bonuses of fighters.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I found a bug with the website the percentages don't add up to 100% they add up to 175%.
    So this device can only work on fighters

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No. I don't really see the point of it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't think we need a block for this - it should rather be an UI option.

The core already buffs fighters and drones and has configurable shield regeneration/capacity thrust and power cap at least.

Though the thing with the mouse aiming weapons and control the fighter independently sounds nice.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I found a bug with the website the percentages don't add up to 100% they add up to 175%.
    It isn't a bug, one has multiple choices here and the percentages stand for how many, who have voted, have selected this option.
    So no, it doesn't have to always add up to 100% :P

Back to topic: I suggest not making a special core for it, but instead make it a function activated by pressing a key, and just make it less efficient(less speed?) the bigger the ship is.
    Nobody likes hard abrupt limits as everyone will then stay just below it or will build even bigger to compensate.