Fighter Arena Tournament, Round 2!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Tournament Update!

The fight is still open for fighters to join. Every night this week we will allow people to be matched up or challenge each other based on a ranking system. On Saturday 15th We're going to pick up where we left off.

You can join up. any time.

You will be matched up according to your win/loss ratio.

Prize Update! 50 million credits AND
    There will be a list of games to choose from and several large ship as prizes.
    More information will be provided at the beginning of the tournament.

UPDATE: The hangar is now available for download:
    http://starmadedock.net/attachments/m300-hangar-zip.5778/

UPDATE: Current signup list, if you don't see your name, pm me ASAP.

@Chckn Wildstyle
    @Mariux
    @RejectOmen
    @Azereiah
    @Guthris
    @jjonj
    @lamrdan
    @jath
    @Stakhanov
    @siserith
    @Mered4

Hello everyone. PRIZE for the winner!

We're going to do it again!

Saturday, nov 8th, 7pm GMT! (1900) We're doing it earlier so more UK pilots can participate.
    It will take place on the Mushroomfleet Server (contact Tomino_Sama through Mushroomfleet G+ early to get white-listed.

This time we're doing a mass limit of 300. Other than that, some of the rules are changing.

I HIGHLY recommend custom building a ship for this match. Even retrofitting a few extra parts to a smaller ship is better than just using what you have.

The rulez:

Spectators:
    You may spectate this event using a pre-approved and provided cam-bot (at your own risk), or using the docked cores inside the viewing stadium. Please park all personal vessels in the soon to be provided coordinates of the warp station, and use a provided jump pod to access the battle arena. All vessels larger than a cam-bot will be asked to leave. All cam-bots must have jamming devices.

Ship requirements.
    • Mass limit 300
    • You must submit your intention to enter PRIOR to the match. A picture of your entered ship and a functional email you actually check is required (starmade dock is an acceptable email)
    • Swarm missiles this time ARE allowed, but keep in mind, they will be 1/4 as effective or less with the other ships spectating.
    • EDIT, The admins have agreed to spawn in your ships. Package everything neatly into one load with a simple name so they only have to do it once. I will post the Hangar later today.---(old)-You must buy your own ships and hangar. (no admins will be spawning them in this time) A shop will be provided. ( a contingency may be in place if there is an update prior, and the server is reset )----
    • You may have a point defense turret. It may not cover you from the front. It is added to your overall mass.
    • You may not have more than 200 shield regen.
    • Your ship must have at least enough hull to appear to BE a ship. (no deathcubes) Borg cubes that are properly hulled are allowed.
    • You may fly up to four (4) ship models, but all four have to be pre-purchased, and you may only fly one per match. I will be providing a hangar for you to place your ships and nametags in upon in a download. You may make any alterations to the hangar you want except for the overall dimensions, and the external docking units on top. You should probably keep some shielding on your hangar to protect it from stray rounds.
    • You must have 5 name tags ready to go and docked in your hanger in the provided spots. A blank one, and an example will be provided. You must use this exact tag or it won't fit the board (which is getting redesigned).
    • Your ship must have a unique color scheme. These don't have to be overall colors, you may place them in the back of the ship, or the front. Black ships are not restricted.
    • Cloaking devices are allowed, but there will be a 30 second countdown upon activation whereupon there must be some activity taking place. This countdown may be delayed if your opponent flees, at the game master's discretion.

additional rules and regulations.

• All commands from the game master must be followed at all times. This includes but is not limited to, ending the fight, stopping the fight, disengaging jammers or cloakers, or discontinuing usage of any particular weapon deemed to be a hindrance to the swift conclusion of the match.
    • All fights will be timed. At the end of 6 minutes, the fight will end and damage assessed.
    • If a ship core (not including turrets) overheats, the match is over.
    • if a ship is rendered incapable of dealing enough damage to overcome opponent's shields, the fight is over.
    • a pilot may forfeit at any time.
    • If any ship building rules are violated, the pilot will be disqualified.
    • If there is any alterations to your ship during a match, the pilot will be disqualified.
    • The game master may make any additions to your ship deemed necessary (a docked core in a non-critical area is possible for filming purposes)
    • The match has not started until your ship has been hit by the push beam. Do not move until that happens. You will get 1 warning, and then you will be disqualified.
    • The procedural background in the sector chosen for the match may change. It may not be as dark or as bright as you expect. Plan for such.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could use battle mode and make two teams fight each other and also people will be limited on what they can build as they can only use the starting money and blocks.

Reaction score
    I have an idea. A group of (plenty) players inside a space station (that they must build) Armed with just rocket launcher guns and sniper rifles.

The other team has (few/balanced) ships, that they must build. The game is this: One team must destroy the other. Simple.

Medical blocks are/aren't allowed whatever.

I think this would be fun to watch. Good luck with the tournament, I look forward to this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    No need for suggestions, it's already set up. Just build a fighter and show up.

This isn't pintos vs gremlins, this is Lamborghini's vs Aston Martin. We don't want to bother with only starting money, we want cool freakin' ships in epic fights.

If you want to participate, there will be prize.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    What if we want to participate but don't play on the mushroomfleet server, thus would have no credits to start with?

Reaction score
    What if we want to participate but don't play on the mushroomfleet server, thus would have no credits to start with?
    He has a point there. Well?

Ya gonna give them cash via server command, or vets only?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'll talk to the admins about it. We may be able to work with you. Sign up for now so i can show external interest and I'll talk to them. If your coming on for the match, they are likely to be willing to spawn in your equipment if it doesn't take too long. In order to expidite the process, I'll need each person to have all their stuff docked on their hangar so they can spawn everything in with one command. Also, keep the names short and easy. You can change their names with faction modules after they are spawned.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'll talk to the admins about it. We may be able to work with you. Sign up for now so i can show external interest and I'll talk to them. If your coming on for the match, they are likely to be willing to spawn in your equipment if it doesn't take too long. In order to expidite the process, I'll need each person to have all their stuff docked on their hangar so they can spawn everything in with one command. Also, keep the names short and easy. You can change their names with faction modules after they are spawned.
    Is there a link to this "Hanger"?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The Rules say only one point defense turret, I assume you mean missile defense by this, are regular turrets and fixed guns allowed?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Oh god. That was an embarrassing fight.
    My fight against a battle brick was more entertaining, at least. :p

I will enter a new fighter if I manage to make one on time for the tournament. ouo

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So, only 1 PD turret is allowed. Is there a limit on normal turrets?

Edit: didn't see that Sven asked the same question. Mine still stands though (as it wasn't answered).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The intention of the rule is that there be no other turrets. We'll allow them in heavier weight classes though.

I'll post the Hangar ASAP, probably tomorrow.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'd like to participate, I just don't think I'll have enough credits to buy the ships or the hangar

EDIT Are logic blocks allowed? Also, I'll go for blue and orange if that's not taken.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There are a limited number of slots folks. If you don't sign up now, you'll be put in a backup slot. I'm going to create a list in the OP with the names I have so far. Get signed up now. Friday might be too late.

I'd like to participate, I just don't think I'll have enough credits to buy the ships or the hangar

EDIT Are logic blocks allowed? Also, I'll go for blue and orange if that's not taken.
    I've talked to the admins, you won't have to buy your own ships. Just put everything neatly into one load so it's all ready to go at the beginning of the tournament.

If I haven't explicitly banned it, it is allowed. Future tournaments may change though.

Reactions: Mariux

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Placeholder post

I would like to enter myself into this contest