Fight with us!

Reaction score
    That the devs support stuff like this just makes me like them even more. I don't live in the US, but I'm not so naive that I think that it won't affect me if this legislation passes.

In regards to those who say 'just go with another company' I say to you 'good luck'. Large swathes of the US only have access to one ISP. They don't have a choice.

And what if this legislation passes? Will you be so enraged that you'll stop using the internet altogether in protest? I think I can guess the answer to that one. The ISPs won't go bankrupt. If anything they'll get more money.

Even if it won't affect you (which it will) why should we stand idly by while other people - even if they're from another continent - get fucked? So even if you're outside of the US, do what you can to maintain net neutrality.

Reaction score
    RISE UP TO POWER!!!!!
    WE MUST NOT LET THEM TAKE AWAY THE SOMEWHAT INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM OF INTERNET!!!!!

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    To people who doubt the power of the people, look up #GamerGate. It's a backlash which is basically 4chan vs. corruption in the gaming industry. It shows that even the most disorganized can make a difference.
    I may not be American, but in the end this will affect us all. It'll open the door to more paywalls, more subscription services where there shouldn't be. We have the power to make a difference, all we need to do is tell these companies "No. We aren't going to set here and let you walk all over us."

Reaction score
    something I hope people will find helpful I am really disappointed in the US legal system why should I get even worse serves for more money

Reaction score
    Just don't think this is in 'merica. America has been purchased by the IMF - through our "Federal Reserve". Who controls the Federal Reserve - well not Congress - but people from all over the world do. If only 30% of the population realized that; there would be a revolution by the morning. Government and Corporations are interested in ONE thing - and it's not the citizens. It's MONEY.

With Money you buy power and influence - and where do they get that money - they get it from the people that get paid hourly/weekly basically us.

Probably some Network Hack that couldn't make it as an Admin because he couldn't figure out how a routing protocol work got promoted to mgmt. - and he knew enough to make a name for themselves - he knew enough to come up with a plan to make more money to further his job - and I bet that's where it all started. I see it all the time - techs that can't make it, but brown nose and win mgmt's favor. Ok sorry for the tangent.

They try this every few years with a different name - it fails all the time - there is still good in the world, but I'll sign it like I always do.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Too that convinced me, I'm in, it really made it clearer. I do really like show.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    something I hope people will find helpful I am really disappointed in the US legal system why should I get even worse serves for more money
    And the comparison with the dingo as babysitter was also quite funny ;) Although unfortunately it wasn't far-fetched.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'd like to know if there's any kind of petition that I can sign as an Australian citizen that the American government will take into consideration, or is it only Americans that can sign petitions for the American government?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Reactions: Nerixel
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    But if you had a choice between making billions of dollars or pissing of lots of people, which one would you choose? Not that i don't support this of course..

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As a God-loving American who is a Capitalist in nearly every semse of the word, one may expect me to want to see corporations have control.

All while screaming MURICAAAA at the top of my lungs in chat like usual.

On the other hand, on the fact that this is actually a serious matter instead of just dicking around, as a Conservative, I hate the idea of big buisness or big government in every sense of the word. You have my support.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Its all a big scheme to make money. It always is with big companies like those.
    Well, that's not very surprising considering that a company is an emotionless entity who's sole existential purpose is to make cash...

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As a God-loving American who is a Capitalist in nearly every semse of the word, one may expect me to want to see corporations have control.

All while screaming MURICAAAA at the top of my lungs in chat like usual.

On the other hand, on the fact that this is actually a serious matter instead of just dicking around, as a Conservative, I hate the idea of big buisness or big government in every sense of the word. You have my support.
    as a conservative myself, I agree, our economy is supported and grows by its small businesses, not large ones, or government, in fact government doesn't go anything but itself and debt. The focus should be on small businesses as the Web makes it so you can find them easier, and without much money. Think of the national and global impact this will have if ISP can limit speeds. Think worst if they can limit sites, and services. The e commerce market would change considerably. Kep people run those businesses. Once taken power as they done when Obama elected the head of the ISP providers lobbyists to the FCC. Absolute power is obtained.

I don't think a petition and comments will do much sadly, more action is in need I think

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    @Leanson You bring to light another point. Is it just me, or has Obama appointed all the worst people possible for important positions?

Head of Immigration Affairs- high ranking member of La Raza (The Race)

Head of FCC- ISP provider lobbyist (corporate censorship advocate)

I can think of a few more, like the head of the FDA, Surgeon General, etc.

Heck, it seems almost like he's intentionally destroying our country. Pissing off our allies, letting Russia, China, and ISIS do whatever they want, trading deserters for people responsible for 9/11, giving voting rights to illegal immigrants who do not pay taxes and are not even US citizens, taking away our firearms, violating the Constitution, the list goes on.

All in the name of buzzwords like "change" and "the people", mind you.

Even sadder is the fact that people act like they can't change anything and just say "who cares".

I'm honestly considering running for Congress or the Presidency when I'm eligible just to have a chance at fixing the gigantic mess these idiots have put us in. I'm not even halfway done with high school and I can see almost everything wrong with them and how to fix it.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    @debris, I'm with ya. He did say he want to fundamentally change america, he's doing a good job at that. With him and the Senate they have already appointed a large amount of people with their interests and objectives in mind. I think he will go down as the worst president ever, even worst if the internet is changed..

@mega look at this it's good source. http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...mas-top-10-constitutional-violations-of-2013/

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    @Megacrafter127

Just google it. (For however long that lasts...)

Now, I have noticed a pattern here. The ISPs have been throwing money at the politicians to get them to do what they want. Look at it in a much broader scale, and you see that this is happening across the board, on both sides, and by all involved.

If I ever get the chance to fix one thing, it would be to add a maximum donation limit to politicians per person. Say, $25 maximum or so.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Now, I have noticed a pattern here. The ISPs have been throwing money at the politicians to get them to do what they want. Look at it in a much broader scale, and you see that this is happening across the board, on both sides, and by all involved.

If I ever get the chance to fix one thing, it would be to add a maximum donation limit to politicians per person. Say, $25 maximum or so.
    *hoping to not stray too offtopic with this*
    As far as I have noticed, most problems caused by the US-government arise from 2 "faults".(Warning, this may get opinion-heavy)
    1. The strange arrangement of voting districts(AFAIK it originated from the politician, who gained the majority of the votes, to be able to redraw the map of voting districts[srsly, never do this, people will go crazy with it])
    2. The lack of smaller parties with a chance to get a seat in congress.
      • Republicans and Democrats are too similar IMO, and as such more parties would do good.

Reactions: NeonSturm