Read by Council few suggestion about artificial NPC breeding mechanics

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hi everyone the idea i present you today concern NPC creation and training of NPC

With the AI overhaul faction scale will get bigger with fleets, empires and possibly army of NPC. So the demand for NPC will grow and i thought i would like to be like the kaminoen on star wars; produce and sell soldiers to other factions.

in my idea you have 2 types of NPC, living NPC like the one described in one of the recent Q&A and simpler NPC droids.

my idea imply five new meta item and one new block :
    • a skin design item : this item stores a link to the skin file.
    • a model design item: this item stores a link to the model folder the NPC will have and the recipe to produce it.
    • a behavior ship item: it's a learning program that set the starting characteristic of the NPC
    • a NPC dna map (contains all the informations concerning the NPC)
    • a NPC design containing 3 items:
      • a model design/ dna map
      • a skin design
      • a behavior chip (optional)
    • a genetic computer : used to artificially create creature, maybe make genetic analysis and modifications

droids NPC
    The robot are NPC that have fixed characteristics, they can't learn but are produced more rapidly.
    They could be produced by linking a shipyard computer to an undeathinator and giving an NPC design containing a model design a skin and a behavior chip. The NPC would then be built by the shipyard computer if there is enough of the needed ressources. The ressources used to produce droids could be hull bobby ai and charged circuit.

living NPC
    This is the NPC described by Schine with learning abilities etc etc ...
    They would obviously be produce naturally but could also be produce by linking the genetic computer to an undeathinator. To produce these NPC you would need food or a biological compound you obtain by farming or hunting fauna. They would need more time to be produced than droids.

The thing i find neat with this idea is that is if it's developed, it could be made in an iterative manner : first the robot NPC that are simpler then the living NPC like the ones described in the Q&A.

What do you think of these ideas ? do you see way to improve them ?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    what if you just post a sign outside your ship that says "hiring" and hope you get lucky

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    And I thought for a split moment that you were suggesting having proper female models/NPCs who to initiate carnal gymnastics with. You see, I read the word "breeding" first. That and I just literally woke up so 'scuse me.

Anyway to stay on topic: I prefer both creating, hiring and robot NPC ideas. After all it is a sandbox universe and the ways to get NPCs should vary.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    Hi everyone the idea i present you today concern NPC creation and training of NPC

With the AI overhaul faction scale will get bigger with fleets, empires and possibly army of NPC. So the demand for NPC will grow and i thought i would like to be like the kaminoen on star wars; produce and sell soldiers to other factions.

in my idea you have 2 types of NPC, living NPC like the one described in one of the recent Q&A and simpler NPC droids.

my idea imply five new meta item and one new block :
    • a skin design item : this item stores a link to the skin file.
    • a model design item: this item stores a link to the model folder the NPC will have and the recipe to produce it.
    • a behavior ship item: it's a learning program that set the starting characteristic of the NPC
    • a NPC dna map (contains all the informations concerning the NPC)
    • a NPC design containing 3 items:
      • a model design/ dna map
      • a skin design
      • a behavior chip (optional)
    • a genetic computer : used to artificially create creature, maybe make genetic analysis and modifications

droids NPC
    The robot are NPC that have fixed characteristics, they can't learn but are produced more rapidly.
    They could be produced by linking a shipyard computer to an undeathinator and giving an NPC design containing a model design a skin and a behavior chip. The NPC would then be built by the shipyard computer if there is enough of the needed ressources. The ressources used to produce droids could be hull bobby ai and charged circuit.

living NPC
    This is the NPC described by Schine with learning abilities etc etc ...
    They would obviously be produce naturally but could also be produce by linking the genetic computer to an undeathinator. To produce these NPC you would need food or a biological compound you obtain by farming or hunting fauna. They would need more time to be produced than droids.

The thing i find neat with this idea is that is if it's developed, it could be made in an iterative manner : first the robot NPC that are simpler then the living NPC like the ones described in the Q&A.

What do you think of these ideas ? do you see way to improve them ?
    I like the idea, but I do think we need many more NPC options. After all it is a space exploration game also.

I want many alien races. Perhaps not all races will be humanoid even. I'd be on board if there were a way to hire, and breed aliens. Who's to say we can't have slave traders or free companies either.

In other-words, slave traders could buy alien crews or slaves and trade/Free them or use them fro breeding and much more.

The Free company idea would be more like a reputation based running of your ship. All crew members are free beings, and can mutiny even, but can also become the most reliable crew ever if paid well and kept happy.

They should all have levels and be capable of learning. Perhaps to make droids or AI races more balanced, make them have a harder time leveling because of being easy to manufacture.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea, but I do think we need many more NPC options. After all it is a space exploration game also.

I want many alien races. Perhaps not all races will be humanoid even. I'd be on board if there were a way to hire, and breed aliens. Who's to say we can't have slave traders or free companies either.

In other-words, slave traders could buy alien crews or slaves and trade/Free them or use them fro breeding and much more.

The Free company idea would be more like a reputation based running of your ship. All crew members are free beings, and can mutiny even, but can also become the most reliable crew ever if paid well and kept happy.

They should all have levels and be capable of learning. Perhaps to make droids or AI races more balanced, make them have a harder time leveling because of being easy to manufacture.
    Oh frell yes!!! Alien races, yes please! I'm sick of having my player character a human or a humanoid in games. Bring on the truly alien models we can roam about in! *addresses nobody in particular but still everyone*