Few small suggestons for the near future

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I know I am one of those people who complain that too many features are being added, but if features are going to be added, here are my small suggestions :/

1. Momentary Activators - otherwise known as buttons. Surely in a game where we have mastered space travel and antimatter based weaponry, we understand what a button is, and how to condense it into a space smaller than 1^3m.

2. Siren/horn block - while recieving a signal from the logic system, it will play a sound like a siren or horn. Could be user configurable in an [R] menu. The game already has a sound that can be used in its folders - starmade/data/audio-resource/Gameplay/0022_gameplay -low armour_electric_warning chime.ogg

3. Engine sounds - Depending on the amount of thrust the ship has, the sound from the engines shift down in pitch and get louder in volume and range. Dopler effect maybe :3

More to come when I think "wouldnt this be nice!"

Last edited:

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There are already a bunch of soundfiles for engines and lots of other stuff in the starmade data, they 'just' need to be implimented. So I guess it won't take long untill we travel through space with a howling engine behind us ;)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I know, thats what I was thinking, I took a gander into the data folder :)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    ...So now I can't stop thinking about the dopler effect being put into Starmade. Not just for engines too, make it effect all sounds with a source moving towards/away from you. That'd be neat and strangely immersive in a non-realistic way.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ...So now I can't stop thinking about the dopler effect being put into Starmade. Not just for engines too, make it effect all sounds with a source moving towards/away from you. That'd be neat and strangely immersive in a non-realistic way.
    Realism is already out the window in starmade, we already have sound and breathing in space, so i thought why not :D

Reaction score
    i rember some thing like this on the old fourms. i was for it it owuld be neat to have the sceen in ST with the vengence chaceing down someone with that deep omounus humming.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, make sounds have a longer range. I should be able to hear fighters buzzing me and shooting at me from 500m.

Reactions: therimmer96

therimmer96

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    4. Have the texture for lights change to a sort of greyish colour when they get turned off. Crusade informs me this is planned, but this would be the perfect time to add it because of the fact people will be using lights more with the new logic system

Last edited by a moderator: