Few Handy Suggestions! ~Quite interesting concepts inside!~

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Giving some generous thought to the game, i believe the game is missing some "features"
    Some of which i know are "planned"
    ~Colored Plex doors (Red,Blue,Yellow,Green,Black,Purple,etc)
    ~Oxygen Dispersers for ships (Gathers oxygen from trees in the ship, and places them into containers for EVA or ship use)
    ~Cockpit to function as alternate core. (We already are given the ability to sit, why not have a control chair?)
    ~Directional Docking module. (Changed direction of docked entities)
    ~Docked Entity Master Control module. (Allow you to select which docked entities are for personal use, which are Drones, etc) *Could be integrated with planned AI
    ~Item Entity Vacuum module. (Sucks in any/all dropped/mined resource, and drops them in designated cargo chests.)
    ~Turret Entity Modulation Device. (Allows the turret to gather weapon power from primary ship to increase range/damage output) (Better for Large ship vs Large ship battles~Like in Starwars! the Venator vs Grevious's ship)
    ~Shield Component Modulation Device. (Allows certain quadrants of your ship to have stronger shields while sacrificing other shielded areas) EX: Buildmode sets your ship in a quadrant, your ship has a total of 80million shields, divided into 8 quadrants, and you want to make your front 4 quadrants stronger, so you decrease the rear 4 from 100% to 50% and increase the front 4 to 150% (Do note: If you lose your Rear Shields, your entire shield system will have a 50/50% Chance of failing completely) (Also note, what ever shield capacitors are in the rear quadrants, will be destroyed, your frontal shields will revert to 100% with the total shield amount diminishing.)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    ~Oxygen Dispersers for ships (Gathers oxygen from trees in the ship, and places them into containers for EVA or ship use)
    I'm imagining the processes involved in checking if rooms are sealed and if so if they're filled with oxygen. With all of the spaces inside of some ships, that might be a little daunting.
    ~Turret Entity Modulation Device. (Allows the turret to gather weapon power from primary ship to increase range/damage output) (Better for Large ship vs Large ship battles~Like in Starwars! the Venator vs Grevious's ship)
    This is how weapons used to work. Emphasis on the past tense.

Reaction score
    Don´t know about that, it isn´t really necessary for me, there are different kind of doors....

lets begin with Oxygen by itself. I would love to see atmosphere on ships but it seems like hard to code (just think about all variables) an there are also some other problems with it. You don´t have enough trees? Your fault. (By the way, whats defined as a tree?) Your Oxygen level is sinking while traveling through galaxys and you don´t have compressed air? well, good luck.

~Cockpit to function as alternate core. (We already are given the ability to sit, why not have a control chair?)
    ~Directional Docking module. (Changed direction of docked entities)
    I would really appreciate this two!

~Docked Entity Master Control module. (Allow you to select which docked entities are for personal use, which are Drones, etc) *Could be integrated with planned AI
    I don´t understand whats the point behind this idea should be. What do you want to be implemented here?

~Item Entity Vacuum module. (Sucks in any/all dropped/mined resource, and drops them in designated cargo chests.)
    You can combine a salvage beam with a storage box already

~Shield Component Modulation Device. (Allows certain quadrants of your ship to have stronger shields while sacrificing other shielded areas)
    Surely a cool idea but I don´t know why this should be needed by now. It´s just hard piece to code and I really don´t think many would use this feature because in space you can be attacked easily from more than one side.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    YES. JUST YES. I've been dying to build an Accurate Epoch from chrono trigger, but that requires black doors along with yellow ones for the retractable wings.

Reaction score
    No oxygen for me, thanks; I consider myself an alien (sorry, Dave) and have no use for that.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Whether you like O2 or not, it's something you kinda have to expect in a sandbox survival game someday. I remember Cal throwing an idea into chat about it before, a block that creates an "atmosphere" that's 7x7x7 or something. Something very simple (almost painfully simple), wouldn't get in the way too much, but still make you put on the damned helmet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im sure many others including myself really want to see colored plex doors for reasons of Decoration and what not... Im working on a 1:1 scale Venator Class Cruiser from Star Wars, which is 1220m Long, and i really want to add the main hangars(red stripe)

Oxygen would be fun to play with, but after playing Mine Craft, and checking out the Tekkit mod, i found out it causes significant lag to the servers.

To Clarify the "Docked Entity Master Control module." Whenever you open up your computer, and you select the option to activate ai/undock entities.. the "Docked Entity Master Control module." Allows you to select which ships you want undocked and what ships you want to remain docked. IE: Undocking drones, and leaving recon/mining ships docked.

And to get back to decorations, I build interiors with my ships, and to have a command chair of which you can enter(Makes your dude sit down in a chair) and allows you to Free look with out having the camera auto rotate to the Standard pitch/yaw... Also makes piracy funner if your ship gets boarded