Fauna UpDate What do You think?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Looks like they are upgrading the current system in preparation for a full overhaul later. Next release version will probably have dynamic trees that can grow along with non X shaped flora.

Reaction score
    Farming was mentioned a while ago, which should be interesting to see. On the subject of Procedural mobs I'm definitely looking forward to, it will definitely make the planets feel more fleshed out and station exploration more exciting. I just hope that we get something worthwhile for interacting with them and there's a way to prevent their spawning (ie factioning a station), stop them from being too much of a pest.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Looks like they are upgrading the current system in preparation for a full overhaul later. Next release version will probably have dynamic trees that can grow along with non X shaped flora.
    In roadmap floara is planed but fauna is in progress planed for SM 0.2.0

Reaction score
    Hunt animals on my newest titan ship from orbit. Overkilling an overkill.
    This was literally the first thing I thought of when fauna was being talked about. Hopefully we can interact with it in a more meaningful way than nuking them from orbit, lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sniping them from orbit is a legitimate mode of hunting dangerous game, when all you need is the resources/to exterminate them all. :P

Whole game needs more activities, ways to interact...

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    When we get fauna I'm totally making a mobile pet shop with automated cage systems and trapping devices! :D I will hopefuly put it in the Community Content section of the forum for everyone to enjoy (and maybe make a business on a server!)

Edit: And hopefuly make working mech dropships with mechs for fighting them in, if they have some sort of friction by then... Otherwise I will just use push effects. :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm looking forward to the fauna update, should add a bit more excitement to the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Now you're thinking like a terrorist! :P

Would be good enough for me if I could breed and tame some useful ones as guard dogs to supplement the Dave clones.

Reactions: AtraUnam and kiddan

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Who's gonna make a faun-bomb? :p Little capsules full of pests to launch at enemy planets!
    Kiddan, I believe that's called biological terrorism. Or bio-warfare, depending on the intended target and legitimacy of your government.

I had plans to build boarding containers that would shove hundreds of hostile mobs into an enemy homebase, making it virtually inaccessible without tearing it apart with nuclear weapons.

Reactions: Lecic

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Kiddan, I believe that's called biological terrorism. Or bio-warfare, depending on the intended target and legitimacy of your government.

I had plans to build boarding containers that would shove hundreds of hostile mobs into an enemy homebase, making it virtually inaccessible without tearing it apart with nuclear weapons.
    Technically bio-warfare is the use of non chemical agents such as virus's

This is anim-warfare

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think it'll be great. I'd like them to provide some sort of useful resource, though. Maybe food? For NPC crewmembers, not players. That'd be annoying.

Reactions: Aynslei
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As long as I can keep an obscene number of space spiders around I will be happy.
    Wouldn't want to get lost in space without a spider bro.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hopefully atmospheres blocking salvage beams and weapons comes with this update... Otherwise most of the new fauna and (possibly) flora won't be there for long :\

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Hopefully atmospheres blocking salvage beams and weapons comes with this update... Otherwise most of the new fauna and (possibly) flora won't be there for long :\
    Aw, so we can't snipe them from orbit? :confused: Oh well, I guess we can still hover using Stop FX! At least this will encourage ground combat on planets instead of bombing enemy planets and running away. :p Mech Warriors are going to be a big thing soon(tm) very soon...

Edit: Missed the "Hopefully" part... Oopsie!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Aw, so we can't snipe them from orbit? :confused: Oh well, I guess we can still hover using Stop FX! At least this will encourage ground combat on planets instead of bombing enemy planets and running away. :p Mech Warriors are going to be a big thing soon(tm) very soon...

Edit: Missed the "Hopefully" part... Oopsie!
    You can still bomb them and run away, you just need a bomber small enough to take into the atmosphere. As for your mech warriors... What happens if I shoot out a leg? You just lost.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think it'll be great. I'd like them to provide some sort of useful resource, though. Maybe food? For NPC crewmembers, not players. That'd be annoying.
    Depends on how it's implemented. Lets not get into a food debate right now.